Thursday, April 23, 2015

4/24/15 Who's Sapping My Energy?

    I am at work, struggling to stay awake at 9:30pm on a Wednesday.  What gives?  I know I went to bed as quickly as possible and I was asleep by 6:50am.  I then slept through until 2:00pm.  That is roughly 7 hours and 10 min.  I have been on nights almost 19 years, I am not sure if it is age or the stresss of moving, but I am struggling to stay awake.
    Wife called me that she was going to bed at 9:40pm.  She has always stayed up with me, while I eat and we watch a show or two.  It was fine, my plate was waiting for me in microwave, I ate and watched some of the Spurs game.   They managed to win in overtime, a win is a win.
    For about the last 6 months though, I have a hard time driving back to work after lunch.  I don't know if it is the same routine night after night, or old age, but I am about fifteen minutes away and sometimes I am fighting myself to drive straight here in the parking lot.
    I've had ideas of cutting out the dinner at night and going to the gym here at work, but that is when Wife and I see each other during the week. 
    Even doing my work.  I find myself falling asleep, sometimes at 7:30pm, when I've only been here a couple hours.  I believe the process of moving gets us contemplating everything.  Wife has been boxing up things in the evenings.  I see our last eight years being taken in reverse as things get taken down.  Some things we debated this wall or that, apparently, it did not matter as ultimately, it all comes down.  I haven't really gotten into the spirit of decluttering because to me that means removing any imprint that we had on the house.  Soon, strangers will be combing through, seeing if what was good enough for me could possibly be good enough for them.
    I know it has to happen and it will, but it is very intrusive.  I will probably carry the scar of moving for a longer time than my wife.  To her, it was just a building that was too much for us.  Up until two months ago, I was sure this was our home.
    But maybe the house has been killing me slowly, maybe once we move, I'll have more free time to start working out again, to go biking like I used to ten years ago.  Of course, I'm already getting the you better not do this and you better not do that from friends and wife, so who knows.  I've always had this slight notion that I really live a sheltered life.  I act like the man, but really I'm this slow person who doesn't work in high tech, but maybe I am Mopboy.  I imagine I drive this oversized Excursion when in reality I get dropped off in a little yellow bus.  That is sure how the people closest to me address me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment