Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/27/15 Don't Sundays Suck?

    As a person that expects the world to be awake 24/7, I have always hated Sundays.  As far back as the 90's when I would go to visit my folks and drive back on a Sunday evening, the music was always off on the normal radio stations.  Even they put on a "best of" show or Casey Kasem's weekly top 40, which I listened to but didn't really appreciate.
    More stores are open now, but there was a time when it was just expected that the stores stayed closed on Sundays.  Any shopping would just have to wait for when we are supposed to be at work or at school, genius thinking there, Numbnuts.
    I would probably be more accustomed to being off if I had a job that only worked Monday through Friday, but we have a Fab that runs 24/7 even through holidays, so I start feeling more people should be at work if I am.  Why not?  It allows more people to be employed, it allows the customers to not have to all crowd a store in on a Saturday.  Who would notice if a store at the mall was closed on a Monday?  Who goes shopping at the mall during the week? 
    Then there is the napping.  I guess if there's nothing to do might as well nap and sleep part of the day away.  I'm guilty of it too, I will take a nap once or twice a year, but then I get to hear "golly Lazy, you're gonna waste the whole day asleep?"  So it goes.
    But working on a Sunday feels a little like cheating, I start the work week already 12 hours ahead of everybody, and to me it's fun thinking I might hit another 70+ hour work week.  Plus I know the project I'm working on has a maximum span of about two months, so I will hit it hard, make some extra cash for our Disney trip coming up, and try my hardest not to complain.
    The other thing that's a downer is Boy heads back to San Marcos, even Chubs had already pooped and showered by 4:30pm, he was pretty much ready for bed.  And since Wife has been working on Saturdays, she is extra grumpy, so she too was ready for bed by 8:00pm (either that or she's getting tired of my fat ass).  The only thing left was for me to head to work so everyone could get to their appointed activity of inactivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment