Friday, April 10, 2015

4/11/15 Pandora's Box Opened, Now What?

    I talked to my Mom today, she asked about Boy and what he thought about us downsizing houses.  Honestly, we haven't told him we are officially starting the process of moving.  He doesn't live with us, and it doesn't seem he is coming back.  His words have been, if we move back to our small house, I will just stay in San Marcos permanently.
    I don't care for this kind of talk, but then, last time we were talking about him doing internships this summer,  He has one of interest in Seguin.  They smelt metal scraps and make rebar and other metal components to sell to companies.  This sounds like a great opportunity and the student in his class that told him about it said he got paid in the $18.00 range and works part time.  This of course gets Boy excited.  He said he would quit at Alamo Drafthouse and work there.  Some quick math on my part and whoah!!  If you quit Alamo, which is only reason you come to Austin, and you then work south of where you live, we will never see you, Little Shit!  He just shrugs and says "well yeah."  But it's an internship, "you don't expect me to just work at the movies until I graduate."
    My thought was yes, you get me free tickets and discounts when we eat.  But of course, he is 21, I can't force him to come back home, I certainly can't slow down his learning/opportunity curve.  So blahhhh, I have to encourage/support in stuff that pushes him further away from us.
    I told my Mom, what you did by offering to pay for a portion of his rent was grease our little pig.  Now we can't catch him and put him back in the house.  I guess it's just as well.  We'll keep a bedroom for him/ act as a guestroom, maybe he gets an internship in town and he needs to pee at our house, once in a while.
    Things are moving so fast now, his grades are holding steady, and they all seem good, so I can't really complain.  Wife is in "SELL THE HOUSE" mode.  Every conversation is realtor said this, realtor said that.... ughhh, "how was your day? just to try and slow her down.  She was going on and on today, I had to ask did you even go to work, all your talking about is selling the house and her coworker that she loves so much is out of town and she was going on and on.
    I really wish I had that fast forward remote from that Adam Sandler movie.  I know I'll be fine once we are settled, but all this commotion makes me nervous and irritable, so sorry if I'm a dick over the next couple of months.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel, finally.

1 comment:

  1. Lol awww she looovvveeesss me! great work on the blog. I want to see a diy project for your "new" house :)

    ReplyDelete