Sunday, April 19, 2015

4/20/15 Dinner With Boy?

    Wife and Chubs were gone Friday night, and I was expecting Boy to be busy with his crew.  But it is nearing the end of the semester and the nerdy consortium goes in study mode big time.  So Boy came home, and suggested we go out and have a manly steak dinner.
    I was weary at first as he hasn't seemed to want to spend much time with us the whole semester, but I said great.  Of course, before this, we needed to go buy some electronics.  He managed to drop his phone into a puddle of water and even though he had a case that tripled the weight of his phone, all metal and fancy, water still got in.  So he took my upgrade which I've been holding onto because I really like my phone.  I can now wait until September to upgrade my phone, as that is when he would have been eligible.  Still, to his credit, he chose an S5 Samsung phone for $1.08.  I was half expecting him to try and talk me up to a newer model.
    We ate lunch at Poke E Joe's, BBQ, pretty good.  They are changing the way you order and I am not sure I like it.  You order now at a register, tell them what you want and pay there.  Used to be, you'd walk with a tray, cafeteria style and point at the food.  I think they are aiming to increase their tips.  They then bring you the food to the table.  I can't treat it like a fancy sit down dinner if we order standing up and get our own drinks.  I am unsure on whether you tip in this situation.  You don't tip at the fast food places, why here?
    I then went to work at about 5:30pm until 9:45pm or so.  We met at Longhorn Steakhouse, I had told him about 9:30, like a good little robot, he was there at 9:30pm sharp.  I texted him from work that I needed a little more time, as usual.  Mostly, because Wife has called right at 9:30pm to tell me to be nice to Boy and converse and be a human and all those good things.  I was just thinking "woman, get off the phone so I can get going!"
    Dinner was actually very good.  We talked about his internship attempts, how it's going in his classes, shows we watch on Netflix, then Wife called to break the flow, just to make sure we are talking and getting along.  I thought this a little rude because she was cutting into our conversation time to make sure we conversated.... people are strange.  Like I do with Chubs every day, I used to eat with Boy every day after school.  We are perfectly capable of getting along without the Missus.  She needs to have a little more faith in us.  It was good, we both had sirloins, medium well.  Man, we love cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment