Friday, April 17, 2015

4/17/15 Insecurity Goes Around Like The Flu?

    My buddy, the walking energy drink just came in and asked me if other people are saying what I say.  I've told him a couple times to quit talking to himself out loud.  He took it in stride, for example, yesterday.  He goes on a bit, and says it's like me singing out loud.  I only pay attention halfway as I am usually trying to text and listen to music.  What I want from him is silence.  He asks me a lot of questions pertaining to the work he is doing, which makes me stop what I am doing.  Occasionally, he is on a roll and doing his own thing, but he starts talking to himself, so I stop my music and say "what was that?" or "huh?".  Half the time he doesn't even hear me.  Right now, shift has almost ended, I haven't talked to him in three-four hours he comes asking who else questions his talking out loud.  I have to remind him that I am messing with him half the time, because he is the kind of guy that needs constant verbage going on.  I think he was satisfied with me saying he was alright.
    But aren't we all insecure at one point or another?  I was renting a storage unit and the girl working there is probably 25.  I am explaining that we are "downsizing".  I am sure she gives two shits about my situation but I felt a little like a "loser" explaining myself.  I have no reason to feel this way, it's not like I lost my job and we are going to end up on the street.  We have a perfectly good smaller house that we are moving to because we decided it would be best thing for us.
    I notice the insecurity in Chubs.  He has these STAAR tests at school and he wants to tell me about how nervous he gets and what if he fails.  I just remind him that he always does well and as long as he gives it his 100%, he'll be fine.
   Does being insecure happen more to people who have time to sit and think?  I have way too much time here at work where I am just staring at screens doing their thing.  Sometimes, I don't feel like listening to music or watching Netflix, which is when I start thinking.   Do people let me get away with murder because I am so whiny, they'd rather not hear me drone?  Or am I so awesome, that if I decide to steal your cookie, you know I deserve it anyway?  At full confidence, I am sure everyone on the planet owes me at least a boob grope.  Luckily for most, usually I feel like I owe the people around me, so I play it more subtle.
    It must be awesome to be a dim bulb.  No thoughts like these bother people that don't think.  They just do, like a reptile.  Consequences be damned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment