Thursday, April 16, 2015

4/16/15 Ads Really Work?

    I am not sure if the world is getting smaller or we have less choices, but more and more places we do business have cool little jingles/slogans that help know who we are talking about.  Chubs and I went to Jimmy John's Subs yesterday.  Their slogan or ads pitch that they are fast.  Not necessarily good or great, but fast.  They limit you to like five sub combos, with or without veggies.  By the time I paid and put away my card, one of the subs was already done.  I was impressed in that it was pretty quick. 
    My wife called a foundation repair for our smaller house which has a slight crack.  I kept thinking Centex was a house builder, Wife said they have those commercials and then I remembered "we'll shoot you straight, we're on the level."  That's punny, I like that, from a company that fixes cement foundations.
    Boy, in high school frequently wore suits, he must have about ten in his closet.  He was a big fan of Men's Wearhouse and their slogan "You're going to like the way you look,  I guarantee it."  Now in college he's adopted the more relaxed slacker look, but still no shorts.
    I find myself staring at the pork which we eat more frequently now, thanks to beef being so expensive, pork likes to say they are "the other white meat".  A lot of pork does cook white, but not all of it.  We have friends who won't eat pork because according to them it is harder to digest.  I don't even know how to respond to that.
   I like most of the insurance companies efforts.  Flo kicks butt for Progressive, Nationwide is on your side, State Farm's "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" is a little dated.  Geico has a bunch of different campaigns.  The Gecko is solid, but I really liked the cavemen.  Specially when they had spun off and gotten a half hour show, and I just read Nick Kroll who is hilarious on The League was one of the cavemen, back when he was new.
    I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but it seems that to get attention, companies need a catchy slogan.  Mine is simple, "I am a whore for the mightly dollar."

No comments:

Post a Comment