Wednesday, April 1, 2015

4/1/15 April Fools, Donkeys?

April Fool's is a day to joke
So watch your partner when they cry "we're broke!"
I really hate when my boy's cry wolf, "I've hurt my toe!"
I roll my eyes, and say "come on Bro"...
I guess as a special day, it's better than St. Patrick's Day,
all day long drinking beer and trying to play
but if you don't wear green you will get pinched
go ahead, try it, see if you don't get lynched.
It has to also be better than Groundhog's Day
a rodent's shadow, for that we pray?
Good god, we are a goofy sort
how desparate for entertainment that this we do as sport?
You want another, how about Arbor Day?
a holiday to plant trees? you don't say.
I say that sounds rather stupid
but we did give a day for dear old Cupid.
How about Boxing Day, but not in the USA?
What's that, you say hip hip hooray!?!?
It is celebrated the day after Christmas on the 26,
employers get to give their servants mixes of treats and tricks.
So when I wake up, I won't believe when my wife calls that we won with our lottery ticket
I'll double check before I call my boss and tell him where he can stick it.
All I know is that I can see you with the camera on your phone
your undies are showing and it smells like you been sitting on the throne
Gotcha!!!  April Fool's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment