Tuesday, April 28, 2015

4/28/15 Confused By Movies and Shows?

    I am currently re-watching Scrubs on Netflix per Boy's request.  He swears he loves it more than anything, says he's seen it about 4-5 times, just on a loop.  It is nine seasons and each season has at least 20 episodes, so it is a bit of show to get through.
    I always liked watching it, and I love that a lot of the actors seemed to have migrated over to Cougartown.  My problem when we were watching it once a week like back in the old days and now in "binge" mode is that it is supposed to be a comedy but about every three or four episodes leaves me in tears.  Even knowing it is going to happen a second time around, I let the show take me on that journey, I kind of hate it and like it at the same time.  Last night was a very heartbreaking one, Brendan Fraser (The Mummy) was a guest star and basically is like the best friend of Dr. Cox who is the tough but good doctor training JD who the show focuses on, primarily.  The whole show has the Brendan character annoying Cox throughout the hospital and he keeps talking about the wife making a big deal for their kid's first birthday.  Cox seems overwhelmed, a patient of JD dies after Cox gave him some advice and distracted him to do stuff for him.  There is a lot of built up tension and ends outside where for a second it seems like they are headed to a park, Cox still arguing with Brendan, but in reality they are at the cemetery and the Brendan character has died.  Episode was done very well, can't help but waterworks.
    There was a movie that worked in a different direction for me way back in the 90's.  Falling Down, with Michael Douglas.  I went and saw it at the movies, not knowing anything about it, just walked in.  To me, Michael Douglas was Romancing The Stone, Jewel of the Nile, even War of the Roses, quirky comedies with action and a little violence.  I assumed for the first 40 minutes of the movie that it was a comedy.  Michael Douglas character was having a nervous breakdown and getting more violent throughout the movie.  I still remember laughing out loud on a couple of scenes but I was the only one laughing, I don't recall it being a good enough movie to watch again, but I have always been curious as to whether it was such a bad movie, maybe it was comical by accident.  I believe the main character gets shot by the cops in a standoff, so ending sucked.  This movie has always bothered me though, now it's off my chest at least.
    Back to Scrubs, got like 6 more seasons, and 2 hours on my shift.

1 comment:

  1. ♡ Scrubs! I tried getting G hubby to watch it but no luck lol

    ReplyDelete