Monday, March 7, 2022

3/6/22 Boy Still Moving Out, Slowly?

     It is a very slow process, but Boy is making progress.  He came over again on Sunday and was here most of the day, arriving around 11:00am to wash clothes and take more stuff back to his apartment.  I had just come back from going to the store, as most weekends, I like to go before the rest of the family wakes up and I go get what we need.  It is much faster this way and I believe it keeps costs down, because Wife likes to put stuff in that we won't/don't even eat.  Anyways, I was just sitting here enjoying my coffee when he walked in.  I ran upstairs and woke Wife so she could come down and say hi to Mijo, she was a little bothered that although he came by on Friday, he didn't stick around long enough for her to get home.

    I finally got to cleaning his room, I had been hesitating because I didn't want to invade his space and take over, as apparently, I am told I do.  This really bothers me because these jackals want the space cleaned but at their pace.  If we leave it up to them, it could take half a year.  I didn't necessarily want Boy to move out, but now that he has, his room needs some attention.  It doesn't help that Baby A has already said he wants to take over that room, so I feel it needs to be cleaned and readied for a new life.  Baby A has his own ideas, and although I like some, I am drawing a line in the sand over him saying he doesn't need the dresser that goes with the rest of the bedroom furniture.  He doesn't seem to understand that without a dresser, his clothes don't really have a place to be put in.  It doesn't help that Wife is encouraging the shitty attitude.  If we are not going to put the dresser back in the room, Boy actually went without it, but he would just keep his clothes in piles, like a freaking hamster, his room looked like a mess all the time.

    Yesterday, I was able to get to the point that I vacuumed all the room, except the space under his bed.  I would have and wanted to move it, but he loaded it with too many books and things that I wasn't going to move by myself.  Instead, I fought as much of the battle as I could.  I cleaned the rest, the room looks much better already, one can walk in and around most of the room, but there is still a little more work to do.  There are holes and dents in the walls that need to be patched in, then repainted before i am going to let the younger Knucklehead take over.

    This will cascade into his room being empty, which I will then tackle and move furniture around, I really want that room for the weights, it is much bigger than the room downstairs, so it will all be a work in progress for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment