Tuesday, March 22, 2022

3/23/22 Starting Another Round Of Dieting?

     We've talked about it long enough, Wife and I are committed to getting back on track, as far as our diet goes.  We did really good two years ago when we were (well I was) scared we were going to die of Covid-19.  The news was saying it affected the fat and the old, I felt greatly exposed.  After a little panic attack and some crying, we got off our asses and we both lost a bunch of weight, I think I lost about 80 pounds, I was starting to feel way better and felt more mobile than I had in a long time.

    Then one thing after another kept happening and we never got our motivation back.  I wanted to take a week off during Christmas, so we could enjoy pies and cookies and all the rest.  It was going fine, then I did get Covid, so I figured might as well wait to start the diet since I was locked in my room and couldn't exercise.  That was followed by the snowstorm, then it seemed to be one small thing after another, before I knew it, half the year had passed and we kind of gave up, then we figured it was all BS about fat people automatically dying, as I had thought at first.  Another 10-15 pounds and I would have gained all the original weight back.

    I need to do something; I feel lethargic most of the time, I get winded very easily, and a few years ago I was walking four miles a day.  We are going to do Keto/Atkins, it has worked for us and seems to be the best course to go.  I have been lucky to not get labeled a diabetic yet, I know it'll happen at some point, but cutting out the carbs seems the safest route to go.  It seems really hard the first couple weeks, I was used to waking up with my cup of coffee and some form of pastry, it was getting bad, I was making trips to the pan dulce store just for myself.

    When we were in the middle of our low carb phase, it was really good.  I ate plenty of meat, then I started adding the vegetables that are ok to eat, like broccoli, cauliflower, and salads.  Once you get comfortable, you can even add berries, in small amounts, which I found blueberries amongst my favorite, as a snack.

    There are low carb ice creams to help you when withdrawing from sugar, and after a while, I found I didn't need them.  Right now, I am just mad we hadn't started earlier, we are in our second day, and mentally, I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment