Sunday, March 20, 2022

3/21/22 These Prices Suck?

     I planned to grill, like we normally do on Sundays.  At this point, I have my way of doing things, which means I go to the store before anyone else wakes up.  I normally don't mind, but today I really wanted to focus on steam cleaning the carpet after Wife got it in my head that I should do that.  I wasn't even thinking I needed to, but after hearing Wife mention it a few times and even saying I should buy a new steam cleaner, I went all in with her idea.  Thing is, I can only do one thing at a time, and since getting food matters the rest of the week, not just today, I decided to do this first.

    We are starting another round of Atkins/Keto on Monday, after gaining back most of the weight I had lost more than a year ago. I really want to do this; I hate that I start every morning now with a cup of coffee and an assortment of pastries, whether it be cookies, pan dulce, or some leftover cake/pie from the night before.  Saying that, I bought food that would fit that description, which did bring the price down because I didn't get any junk food, like bags of chips, and pastries, or ice cream.  My plan for dinner was simple, grill some burgers and sausages, and having Wife make some cauliflower salad for the side.

    All was well, until her brother called and asked if we wanted to join the family and eat with them at Cooper's BBQ in New Braunfels.  I am okay with this place, but I do feel that it is overpriced, and they did not disappoint in this regard.  The prices are easy enough to figure out, brisket, fully cooked is around $24.99 a pound, and I didn't even look at the other stuff.  I got about a pound and a half, but it was the fattier part of the brisket, and I don't really like this part, I prefer the leaner side.  Still, this was probably already $40.  Then Mijo wanted ribs, I said fine to half a rack, and of course we have to get some sausage and Wife wanted chicken.  The only sides we got was a single serving of macaroni and cheese for Mijo and green beans for Wife.  With the 3 drinks, our meal was over $100.  Wife paid, and I'm not even sure if a tip was added.  All restaurants are now asking for a tip on the receipt, even if we are standing up at the register and getting our own food and drinks.

    It was the same when we went and ate with my mom, the last few days.  Every meal is at least $60 for us, I am starting to dread going out.  At least we brought a little meat home, I saw Wife prepping her lunch for work tomorrow with the leftovers, so at least it is providing two meals for her at that price.

No comments:

Post a Comment