Friday, March 4, 2022

3/4/22 Wife Has Friends?

     Of course, Wife has friends, but rarely do they ever pop up and invade our lives, most everybody we know and grew up with are back in Crystal City.  Austin is just a lonely spot in the middle of the state where we happen to live.  This week was a little different, as two of her coworkers from when she was working in La Pryor came to town for a conference.  I know very little, I guess she probably tells me more, but typical guy, I just say mmm-hmmm to keep her moving along on the conversation.  I may honestly be wrong on some of these accounts, but it's what I went through.

    I think she went to eat with them at Longhorn Steakhouse, pretty fancy for a lady not on a per diem, just saying.  In all honesty, this is a standard good meal, I used to prefer Outback for a regular nice meal, but then they decided to move locations and set up in San Marcos, which is a little far off for just a meal.  Longhorn Steakhouse is really a good alternative, and it is located here in Southpark Meadows which is a couple minutes away from the house.  According to Wife, she ran over and picked up the ladies, who were staying off Ben White, close to my work.  All I know is that she ate a meal that ran around $19, based on the receipt in the bank.

    Tuesday night, she was busy at work, she had to stay for an event is about all I picked up from her conversations.  I believe it had to do with those Tiktoks they made and posted online.  Last week, she showed me some cartoon videos, and her and I guess her work crew are all acting goofy and trying to get the word out that something is coming (whatever event they were celebrating).

    Wednesday night was back to the friend's and this time they went to eat at Kerby Lane Cafe.  The ladies wanted to go to an honest to goodness Austin dive, and I think that fits the bell perfectly.  One of them has gluten allergies and the menu made her feel really safe and confidant that she could eat whatever and not get sick.  Wife ordered a plate with pancakes is all I got from her talking about the night.

    They wanted to get together in San Antonio one last time as they were headed back home last night, Wife is sort of coming down with a cold, so she said no.  I told her it would have been fine by me, Baby A had the dance he went to, but honestly, I got him there and back again, so Wife didn't have to be a part of that equation.  I am just glad it is Friday afternoon, and all is hopefully back to normal, although track starts tomorrow, and we have to have our boy there by 6:45am, so it is still going to be rough out the gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment