Wednesday, March 16, 2022

3/16/22 Good TIme Off, So Far?

     Although we didn't plan a trip this Spring Break, it has been a good to great time off, and I would even say kind of productive.  I am roughly 90% of the way done setting up Boy's old room so that Baby A can move into it.  Over the last couple of days, I went and bought a handful of boxes as Boy seemed to be ignoring me to bring more boxes so we could finish out what he started.  There was still a bunch of clutter all over the room, when the week started, but I have now grabbed all the bigger things, like books and boxes that he left and piled them all together in those boxes I bought.  I have separated all the clutter he left in piles on top of his desk and another table he had.  All that really needs done is to take everything he left in the closet out.  I've looked and it seems he left all his suits he wore regularly when he was in high school and some of his bigger jackets.  I'll take care of this here in the next couple days.  I also patched the walls where sheetrock was exposed, and I just need to touch up with some of the paint which I found in the garage.

    Apart from that, I finally removed all the old caulk around the kitchen sink and re-did it, making the kitchen look a lot nicer.  Wife and I sat together last night, and we (mostly her) took care of our taxes for the year, this is always a big monster that we avoid until the last minute since we end up having to pay every year.  Baby A took it upon himself to cut the grass without us hounding him to do it.

    We have had a few get togethers, first with my in-laws on Saturday, we hadn't seen them in over a month.  My parents are here for the next few days, so we'll get plenty of time together, hopefully, Boy makes some time, they came partly to go see his new place.  We even grilled on Monday and had a couple friends over, something we rarely seem to have time for.  I felt relaxed enough that I had more than a few drinks and got a little drunk with some cheap wine and White Claws, they were all yummy, considering I really don't drink.  It was good, I woke up slow, but not hungover.

    I have even managed to make a brisket, last night, something that has become a rare treat, but we have had two in the freezer and Wife was told she is getting another next month, so I was kind of making room for the new one.  

    It has been a good productive time off.  All Wife said is missing is going fishing, which we might try and fit here in the next couple days.  We keep talking about taking the kayaks out, so maybe this will be the time we finally get them out on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment