Sunday, March 20, 2022

3/19/22 Curtains And A Steam Cleaner?

     We are still working on Boy's room, trying to get it cleaned up and handed off to Baby A.  By we, I mostly mean me, but I guess Wife and Baby A have walked through the room, looking over what I have done.  I have now been able to get from one end of the room to the other with the vacuum cleaner, so it is clean, but the closet still has some clothes and there is clutter I keep moving around because Boy has not come back to pick up more stuff.

    I did take the liberty to buy and hang some curtains in the room.  I have preferred the blackout type, which block out most of the light that gets through the blinds to help keep the room as dark as possible without resorting to putting aluminum foil over the windows.  I never understood why Boy would not let me hang curtains on the windows when it was his room, I am sure he would have liked the ability of the curtains, we all tend to enjoy sleeping in, since I was a night-shifter for so long and we enjoy staying up late whenever possible.

    I fought with the idea of buying a new steam cleaner, ours is at least 18 years old, I remember thinking it was doing a pretty good job on the carpets in our old house when we moved out and I hadn't replaced the carpets but got away with just cleaning them while we rented it.  I was hesitant because my preference would be to spend the money to get a new carpet.  Wife does not want to get crazy with the spending, but we have been talking about getting new wood floors/carpets now for about 3-4 years, it just seems like an excessive expense.  Ultimately, after looking at what Lowe's had to offer, I figured even if we do get new carpets, we need a good machine to keep it clean.  I didn't go crazy buying the most expensive one, instead I chose the one with the biggest water container.  It didn't even indicate that it had the hose and hand cleaner, but it was in the box.  I was planning on trying it today, but we got distracted and I lost the whole day, Wife's family wanted to get together for early dinner in New Braunfels, so I ended up doing nothing but waiting to go, and then I felt blah when we got back home.

    All the parts are now there, I just have to try and get the carpet cleaned, and then Mijo will probably start moving in, maybe this coming weekend.  He does want a sofa, which is the whole reason he wanted to move to that room, to have more space to entertain his buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment