Saturday, March 12, 2022

3/12/22 Exciting Start To Spring Break?

     Friday afternoon was the official start to Spring Break, of course, it wouldn't be normal without Baby A needing to be somewhere.  I am really surprised at the transformation, he was totally like us, in that he did not like being away from home, and now he is at all sorts of sporting events multiple times a week.  Anyways, he "needed" to be at Nelson Field before 6:00pm, he is now part of the trainers, so he needed to be there for a soccer game.  It kind of sucks that the team took such a small bus that he didn't fit with them, so there goes Dad, taking him across town.  It was actually quick, I thought it was going to suck, driving from south Austin to North Austin at 5:00pm and then back home to pick up Wife and then back up to get him around 7:30pm.

    I got home by around 6:15pm, Wife had just arrived as well, so we both went inside and then found ourselves with nothing to do and the house alone.  I, of course ran to the bed to lay down and try to sneak in a nap, we had about 40-50 minutes, I told Wife not to be a pain in the ass and just chill.  She laid down to, after admiring the new icemaker and the ice it was already making, with no leaks in sight.  Since we were alone, it didn't take long to decide we could have a little fun and we got going, both of us completely in our birthday suits.  It was a good time, until the door opened (the door has a combination lock which she knows), and we were caught in a surprised panic.  It was Girlie, Wife had told me to invite her to dinner with us, but I had told her we would pick her up on the way to get Mijo.  We all screamed in a hysterical panic (I yelled "who is it?" thinking it was Boy dropping by after saying he wasn't coming), it was funny to me, she quickly realized what was going on and ran to the front of the house, and after seeing the coast was clear, Wife ran to the bathroom.  I asked her what she was doing there, she said it was unclear whether she should come over or we were going to pick her up, I did re-read my text, and it did say we could do it either way.  Just as we were laughing, Mijo called to head to him, which we did.  I underestimated the time it would take since it took about 20-30 minutes to get up to the stadium, we left right away when he texted, but there was an accident on I-35 right downtown, it seems like there is an ongoing accident all the time on that shitty stretch of road, it really does suck 90% of the time.  We didn't get up to Mijo until 7:45pm or so, and I felt a little bad for him, he was trying to hide from the cold wind against the little ticket building.  Luckily, there was a second game, so there were still plenty of cars and the stadium lights were on.  We don't usually run late, honestly, we attend most functions he participates in, but he is not playing in these games, he is part of the background crew, taping up injured and stuff.

    After getting him in the car and helping him warm-up with the car heater, we drove around and ate at Outback up north.  I wanted to eat at Sea Island, there used to be one on Research, but I guess it closed down.  I remembered Boy had just given me a $25 gift card to Outback, he found it in his room while we were cleaning.  I figured this would pay for the blooming onion and a meal, if it even worked.  It was another good meal; we were sat as quickly as we arrived and the place was just perfectly filled, not too many people but enough that it wasn't dead.  I had a steak and a salad, which it had been a while and the meal overall was good.

    We got back home by 9:30pm or so, Girlie left, and I was probably asleep by 10:30pm.  We are supposed to meet my in-laws for my father in law's birthday brunch, somewhere in New Braunfels.  I like getting up early, I did, at 6:50am, but when I "have to" for an event, it seems to hurt me.  Still, I figure it'll be a meal, and then we can come back home and chill the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment