Wednesday, March 30, 2022

3/30/22 A Little Over A Week Into Our Diet?

     We started a new round of Keto/Atkins last week, on Monday and we are already seeing positive things, as far as dieting goes.  I have lost about 12 pounds, sounds great, but when you weigh 400 pounds, it is not that big a loss, still, I know the formula works.  Honestly, there was no reason to wait so long, it is not that hard being on this diet, once we get into it.  What is the gain in eating so much sweet bread, it is what everyone says the worst thing for a body?

    I have found my little ways of surviving my sweet tooth cravings.  In the morning, after I drop off Baby A, I like to drink a cup of coffee but instead of looking for a piece of cake or other sweet junk food, I am making toast with the low carb bread I found at HEB and putting some peanut butter and low carb jelly.  This gets me through my workouts which I have started lifting again, I managed to get our weight room functioning again by removing the dresser which should have been upstairs in Boy's room all along.  This gives me room to keep the treadmill in there but against the wall, instead of in the middle of the room.  The room feels much more inviting and having a TV with Youtube is almost like sitting at the table and killing time looking at videos, except I fit in some reps.

    Since I do most of the food shopping, there is no excuse why junk food would make it into the house, I won't buy it like Wife would and they innocently say "well, I don't eat it."  I can be fine without eating the junk food if it is not at home, once it is there, I feel like it is my job to eat it before it goes bad.

    The weekend was a little rough, Baby A had friends over and we got them pizza, which we had been eating most every weekend, but Wife opted for wings for us when she ordered them pizza, so it was ok.  I tried making one of those Keto cakes on Sunday, but we always seem to forget how badly those can attack back.  More than half of it is still sitting there.  It tastes fine for a few minutes, but just know, it will not be in your stomach quietly for long.  It always makes me gassy, and I end up having to go to the bathroom more than the usual once a day, certainly not good times.

    Now that we got past the first rough week, I feel that it will only get easier, provided Wife can keep it up.  There is a limited choice of food we can eat, and I don't mind eating the same thing, but I know she likes more variety.  Oh well, let's see if we can make this time out a more permanent situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment