Friday, March 4, 2022

3/3/22 Putting On His Dancing Tennis Shoes?

     Baby A is still new to social events, he hadn't shown much interest until recently, starting with his newfound interest in soccer.  All of a sudden, last weekend he wanted to go and participate in decorating for a dance event that occurred last night (Thursday, writing this Friday morning).  He claims his interest in helping is strictly because he has friends who are involved in the dance committee or whoever was running the show.  Regardless, Sunday turned into a dud, we told him it didn't make sense to decorate the week before, the dance was going to be in the cafeteria of the school, same place where we had the football banquet, all the tables roll out of the way, and the floor space is decent for events like that.

    All week, I tried getting an understanding of how things were going to play out.  The dance was on a Thursday night, but he said there wouldn't be school on Friday, so that helped out with worrying about staying up late.  The next question was "what time do I pick you up?"  He could not give me a straight answer.  Maybe he was going to practice, maybe he wouldn't and then he would come home at 4:50 to shower, or maybe he would just stay there and help decorate.  I told him it was gross to not shower after being at school all day (he does have football class in the morning), but he is a kid, and I don't think kids care as much about this.

    I texted him at 3:30pm, he said to get him at 4:50pm which was going to be a pain in the ass with work, but oh well.  Ten minutes later, he said never mind, he would call me.  I proceeded to continue working, figuring I would stop when he called.  Good thing, I continued, because at 6:30pm, I was still wondering, which I called him, and he said he would just stay there.  This worked in my favor, I didn't want to stop and spend an hour running around, just to come back to work later at night.  I managed to finish what work we had by around 8:00pm and I said screw it, I am going home.  I had stayed two hours late the night before and I hadn't taken a lunch break, so although it was early, I justified it.

    I got home around 8:30pm, or so.  Wife stopped and bought Popeye's chicken, we ate at the table, for once, without TV as a distraction.  By the time we finished eating, Wife was ready for bed, she goes to bed before 10:00pm, I told her I would go get Mijo, which he texted at 9:30pm to give him another 30 minutes.  I told him I would be there by 10:00pm, which I was.  I was feeling mellow and relaxed, so I told him to take his time, but that I was outside.  I was probably watching Tiktoks for a good 30 minutes before he came out.  We gave one of his friends a ride and then headed home.  It was a good day, especially for him.  I was just glad it was the end of the week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment