Monday, March 14, 2022

3/14/22 Baby A, The Social Butterfly?

     Our younger boy has suddenly become a social butterfly and we find ourselves now going from one thing to another.  We haven't reached the point where we want to tell him no, but we have noticed that he is making plans a lot more frequently than he ever has.  He had the soccer match on Friday night, and poor Mijo, he had to wait for us to go get him after, as we didn't time the game ending just right and he stood out there in the cold for a good 40 minutes after the game ended.

    Saturday, he spent the day with us, so it was all good.  We were with family early in the day, and then spent the evening at home, we didn't even go out for food, we just ate some frozen pizzas and hot dogs as we watched a movie, Wife recommended Xanadu, which I didn't think was good the first time, but Mijo is supposed to go roller-skating sometime this week, so Wife thought it would be fun.  I fell asleep 20 minutes into it, but what did she expect? The movie was even cheesier than I remembered it way back when.

    Sunday afternoon, Mijo had an outing to the movies.  I was a little shocked that they even included a girl amongst them.  It was one of the wrestlers, so we kind of know her, but it was still kind of weird to see Mijo going off to hang out with a group including a girl.  We picked them up after at Mod Pizza, they saw the new Batman movie at Southpark Meadows, at which we got the honor of paying for dinner for most of them.  Still, I want Mijo to have some good memories, so we go along with his shenanigans.  They all ate at a table at the front and Wife and I sat on the other side away from them.  I had planned on grilling some fajitas, but the movie started at 3:50, and went for 3 hours.  I wasn't sure what time they would get out, so I didn't want to start the grill and then have to leave.  As a result, we will probably be grilling today, on Monday, the beauty of it being Spring Break, there is no rush to go anywhere.

    The week is filling up with activity slowly.  We're grilling today, I invited a couple friends over.  My folks are supposed to be coming on Tuesday and be here until Friday.  Mijo has his skating party on Friday with the wrestling team, then it'll be the weekend, so I'm sure other activities will come up.  Wife was talking about driving around and seeing some campuses, but with the price of gas, I don't see the happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment