Monday, June 28, 2021

6/28/21 Confused A Bit By Diet?

     I am a bit annoyed and confused by this round of dieting.  Wife and I did a great job last year, I went from 432 down to about 357 or so before the holidays started, then what I thought would be a couple weekends of taking a break to enjoy the holiday goodies turned into almost 5 months of eating mostly junk food and gaining the weight back to 399.  We have been back on a low carb diet for a couple months and I am stuck at 380.  I have seen 379 a couple times on Friday mornings (yes, I weigh myself every morning at around the same time).  But every time, by Sunday night I have put on 3-5 pounds and it takes most of the week to get back to where I was on the previous Friday.  I don't want to blame Wife, but having a partner does not make things easier since eating is one of the activities we do together and both of us being fatties, we do want to just go out for a shake or some pizza at any time during the day.

    Yesterday was kind of a lazy day for us, I kept expecting we were going to get rained on, but it never really came down hard like I wanted.  Because of this, we never even went outside.  I got up ate my toast with coffee around 7am, Wife got up at 11am, she made breakfast, toasted sandwiches (low carb bread) with morning sausage patties and sunny side up eggs.  I had two of these, maybe around noon.  I then took a nap until 2pm, woke up poking at some cheese in the fridge, so Wife suggested I make a pizza for the boys and that turned into me heating up two pizzas, which I ate half of one around 3pm, this I thought for sure ruined the diet for a couple days.  We weren't done as she offered to eat some leftover BBQ and I had another two tacos of fajita meat and a sausage wrap for dinner at 6pm.  I ended the night with a small cone from our freezer and not the low carb kind.  

    I fully expected to be up around 385 or more this morning, but to my surprise, I only weighed 380.2.  This means I can get ahead this week unless it was some sort of mistake, but I am hoping to break into the 375 range by the end of the week.  My goal was to be in the 350s by August, but that is fast approaching, so I will be glad if I just keep making small overall losses.  I generally feel better when I don't pig out on sweets, I get that they give you a high and then a low.  This might even be part of the reason I was getting sleepy all the time a year ago.  I think I have been much better on this front, but maybe it is also because I am not staying up all night every week for work.  I might still occasionally be up until 3am, but I don't want to, if I stay at work late, I try to get home and get in bed without hanging out.  Like it or not, my day will start in the morning with taking Baby A to football practice, so I have to squeeze in some sleep before 9am.

No comments:

Post a Comment