Tuesday, June 1, 2021

6/1/21 Old Is New Again?

     I was told last week that I needed to retrain in my old department and I have tepid feelings about this.  First off, I have been in chemistry now about four years, so my skills on the FIB machine are pretty much gone.  Plus, they expect me to do both, train for a few hours then go over and do your normal workload.  I don't agree with this nonsense, if you want me to train, then let me do what I have to do and don't expect much from me in my normal capacity.  

    I started planning and scheming what the best way to tackle this would be and I decided I would show up today around 11:00am and train with my old partner who I rarely see anymore because our shifts do not really overlap anymore.  Well, as I was walking in all ready to sit and watch her work to remember the minute details of the work, she was getting ready to leave, apparently, she had an appointment at a doctor's office or something.  This means I did not get much in the form of training.  I then went back to my side of the lab and did some work to make time move along.  I went back a couple hours later and the other lady was there, but she is not as laid back as the first one, she was wanting me to take over the tool and get right on the task of preparing a sample.  I told her I would rather wait until tomorrow when I can sit and watch the tool run for a time or two.  We went back and forth on this, but I wasn't going to wait until she finished her "HOT" job then I was supposed to start a sample to keep me there past 5:30pm.

    Once I figured I wasn't going to get the training I wanted, I went back to chemistry and prepped the one job we had on the shelf and due tomorrow.  It took some back and forth with the other company's people as our tool is down and we have to share theirs.  This is normally not an issue for me since I am there alone at night, but this was still daytime and so the tool was theirs.  I got lucky around 2:00pm, the lady running the tool decided she wasn't going to do any more work and offered me the chance to get on the tool.  I jumped right on it and got to work.

    I finished around 5:20pm and then headed out because my son had a conference meeting with his coach and as many parents as possible.  Wife got home at 6:10pm, we all went potty and headed out to yet another thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment