Monday, June 21, 2021

6/21/21 Good Summer Day?

     The day started like I like, I woke up a couple hours before anyone else so I was able to relax and enjoy my own company.  I drank my coffee, went outside and fired up the pool pump to make sure it was clean for the afternoon knowing I would get in at some point.  Wife got up around noon or so and came down with Baby A, she wished me a happy Father's Day right away, Mijo seemed confused, as usual, admitting that he thought Father's Day had been Saturday.  I countered with a blank "It's not like you wished me a Happy Father's Day yesterday, Little Shit!"  "Well, uhhh..." was all he could muster.  Wife made us a little breakfast, Spam with eggs and bean tacos.

    We then pressured Baby A to get his husky ass outside and cut the grass.  He said tomorrow, but he has been saying tomorrow for two weeks and I tried guilting him with "if you don't go out and do it, I will" but he just shrugged like "go for it Old Man."  He finally gave up and got started, I hate to do it to him because it was so hot, but we get so busy during the week, and with his conditioning classes, he is wore out when he gets home every day.  He cut the grass and I followed behind trimming along the fence and the edge of the cement.  I felt gross and overheated after so I showered and laid down for awhile.  I was going to nap upstairs with Wife, but I decided to come back down thinking I still had some energy.  I putzed around for 20 minutes then laid down on the bed downstairs and finally napped for 30 minutes or so.  By the time I got up, Wife was ready for me to start the grill, even I wasn't.  I decided I would go and burn-in my new Blackstone griddle grill.  It is more work than it appears to be.  I had to fire it up, wait 15 minutes for it to get hot, then smear the whole surface with grease/fat and wait for it to burn off.  I did this four times, at least.  At this point, the surface is protected by a layer of growth that it did from all the fat that was melted on it.  In case someone is wondering, I was able to keep a fire going at full blast for almost two hours with one pound of propane.  It burned itself out about the time my piece of salmon was done.  

    At the same time, we had the pellet grill going and we cooked some steaks, a chicken, and sausages, standard weekend food.  While the food heated up, we swam for about an hour.  It was so nice with the pool pretty clear now, the grass freshly cut and meat on the grill.  I mean what else do I need?  We had invited DD and the Wife, so they showed up about when we went inside to eat.  Dinner was good too, Boy and his GF joined us along with Baby A, and DD and his wife.  We chatted until almost 9:30pm when they left.  Wife then went upstairs 10 minutes later to get ready for bed and I was left alone much like how I started the day, in peace to write a little bit and watch some Youtube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment