Saturday, June 12, 2021

6/12/21 Not Quite San Antonio?

     Yesterday (Friday), was going to be a fun travel day until Baby A ate and decided he would rather be home.  Wife and I kind of talked about the idea of taking a day trip somewhere but we really had no agenda or purpose and I find it really hard to just get going.  Wife I guess "tricked" me into going with the idea of looking at watches in either Dallas or even San Antonio.  I wanted to go to Dallas, but then looking at Google Maps and figuring 3.5 hours to get to the mall and then another 3.5 hours to get back just didn't seem like fun to me.  I decided San Antonio would be good enough, they have a couple of stores they carry Rolex, maybe they would have something worth considering.  I have looked here in Austin and even in Houston and had no luck.

    I got up at 6:00am, worked out, drank my coffee and then went to wake Wife at 8:00am.  She was receptive to the idea of getting up which is something she usually does not appreciate, me waking her up early is usually not met with positivity.  We got up at then woke Baby A, Boy went to Rockport on the coast for the weekend, so he was gone since Thursday, the younger Knucklehead said he wanted to go with us the day before.  His problem though is that he stays up until 4:00am playing video games with all his friends and then can't rally and be useful before noon.  We got him up, he showered and we left around 10:00am.  We made it to San Marcos before I had to stop to feed them, I would have preferred not to, but then I am the bad guy.  We ate at Zaxby's, it had been awhile since we had eaten their chicken tenders, then Mijo got whiny that since he had eaten, he wouldn't mind just going back to bed.  I felt like pooping and gassy, this is why I hate eating early, so I didn't fight him too much.  I also wasn't excited about watch shopping with the amount of money we have to spend on our vehicles, just fixed the Escape at $900 plus $1200 for new tires and the Excursion has $2400 in repairs and it needs new tires as well.

    We headed back to Austin, dropped off the boy at the house, I did what I had to do, then we went to Berdoll Farms to buy some pecans, and then to Jared where I maybe jumped a little too quickly and made a watch purchase I didn't think I would but was ready to, if I felt the deal and watch was worth it.

    The afternoon was still nice, we stopped at Sam's after my watch purchase (I had dropped off the watch at home, wasn't going to leave it in the car), got some meat to grill, then went home, jumped in the pool while the grill heated up, ate some great tacos and I was asleep in the living room by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment