Monday, June 14, 2021

6/14/21 Going Slower On The Diet This TIme?

     I don't think I am doing anything radically different from when we went on a low carb diet last year, but I am noticing that the weight is coming off much slower.  I have been dieting now for about a month and am hovering around 382.  I hate to admit, but after being off the diet for my two week vacation from work during Christmas and then snow balling with getting Covid, the freeze, Spring Break, Mother's Day, I just kept bouncing from one excuse to the next to keep eating sweets and bad food.  I call it bad food because there is no reason to stop at Buc-ee's and get a jumbo Snickers, a pecan caramel thing, bag of chocolate pecans, couple of breakfast tacos and eat it all before we get to Houston, for example, when we did that trip.  I can eat and when I am not being disciplined, I will eat anything.

    When Wife finally came back home for her new job, it felt like a good starting point to change our diet, so we have now been at it for about a month and I generally feel better.  I feel like maybe if I am not taking off weight as quickly is because I also started lifting weights again and have been pretty steady at it.  It was a real wake-up call on our way back from that Houston trip for the wrestling meet when Baby A challenged me to an arm wrestling challenge while we ate lunch and he completely dominated me.  I understand him being 16, he is just coming into his strength and that is going to happen, but I feel I could put up a better challenge if I work out.

    I will also admit this was a sloppy weekend, we tried having some good old fun and drove around on Friday.  We ended up at Berdoll Farms and picked up four bags of flavored pecans and by last night we had finished three of them mostly Wife and I, add to that we ate Zaxby's and Chicken Express Friday and Saturday and I ate the bread and fries and enjoyed them.  This of course takes you out of ketosis, but it felt like the right thing to do at the moment.  All we can do is pick up as soon as possible, so I am putting away that last bag of pecans and hoping to get back to losing some weight Monday, I guess we'll see Tuesday morning.  I know they recommend not to weigh every day, but I do it every day at the same time, when I get up and I can see the scale moving a pound or so a day when things are going right, so I trust that and it motivates me to keep going.  If I eat stuff I am not supposed to, like this weekend, I am not surprised when the weight is up by 2-3 pounds, that is the punishment.

    At some point, I will add walking on the treadmill, if I can set it up in our weight room, and that should help a bit, but right now, I am aiming to be in the 350s by August 21, 349 would be great.  I really want to be down to 320 or so by the time we go to Florida, if we end up going for the holidays, that seems a long ways away, but time marches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment