Saturday, January 2, 2021

1/2/21 Finally Feeling Relaxed?

     I have been off almost two weeks and today, with two more days to go, I think I finally felt a sort of relaxed internally.  Christmas is never a relaxed time of year, the actual day has too much stuff going on, with visiting family and buying gifts and making sure everyone has been thought of and there is plenty of the right kind of food in the house, it is just way too much to be called anything similar to a relaxing time.  We got past it this year with only visiting my folks.  We then had to find time to go and visit my in-laws sometime between Christmas and New Year's Eve, which we did on Monday or Tuesday this week.  We spent the afternoon over there and it was nice, but my goal was to get in and out to get back home so we could start our proper vacation time.  Being off from work should be the vacation, but I like time to just sit around without any obligations and after seeing my in-laws, we still had New Year's to get past last night.

    This year, we stayed home because of Covid-19 and because the weather was supposed to be rainy and cold and I have to admit I liked being home.  We are usually at my in-laws on New Years and there is something to be said about a gathering, but being home meant we could do what we wanted to.  After making a delicious brisket for the family, I napped the evening away, ate too many good snacks, and was on again/off again siting with Wife while she watched crappy movies.  We still managed to be up until 2:00am or so and I even stayed in bed until 10:00am this morning.

    Today was great, we slept in, got up, put the Christmas tree and other holiday stuff away and then hung out while DD and Baby A messed around on the mats Santa bought Baby A for wrestling practice.  Mijo had his friends come over, so they were all taking turns practicing and learning how to fall, and some wrestling moves.  DD was messing around with his girlfriend doing the moves on her, but it was more of a turn on as everything looked way too sexual.  I don't know, wrestling still feels a little dirty to look at, I was enjoying watching them two sneakily while we were putting stuff away.  She felt the same as she was laughing and saying this isn't wrestling, this feels sexual, I couldn't help but chime in "yeah, don't stop, we all learning."  

    After the boys wore themselves down tossing each other around, Wife and I went to Target to get them chips and sodas and then to Little Caesar's Pizza and got five pizzas for us to eat.  Since about 6:30pm, I have been napping and/or looking at Youtube videos.  We cleaned a very little bit, we need to get the house presentable for another appraisal next week as we are trying to refinance the house down to a fifteen year note.  Putting away the tree and all the bins with decorations helped some upstairs, I will try to declutter my stuff in our room either tonight or tomorrow as well as finish the last third of the fence if the weather isn't too cold.  I do love looking out and enjoying the fence looking new and strong once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment