Tuesday, January 12, 2021

1/13/21 Finally Went Out To A Nice Restaurant Meal? (part 2 of 2)

     I really hate having a schedule in which we have to do something, it seems the whole day is wasted waiting for that time to come up.  We didn't really do anything all day, with the weather how it has been, I didn't even really want to go outside.  I have had allergies, I believe and I have just been sneezing where I seem to go on for up to 10 sneezes one after another, it is really horrible, it can leave me lightheaded at times.  Wife was all "we are not eating breakfast or lunch, I want you all to be hungry", which made for a longer day.  I sat around, napped, actually ate some cinnamon rolls with coffee in the morning, and a sausage taco in the afternoon, but I still don't consider that food food.  By 5:00pm, we had all been laying around all day, I went up to get ready, I cut my hair to look clean and decent, and got ready.  Wife showered while I did that, complaining about the lower shower pressure since I guess the other two showers were all being used at the same time.  Oh well, by the time I was done cutting my hair, and pooping, to make room for more food, the shower seemed ok to me.

    We were a little slow to get out the door, but we made good time on MoPac up north.  We got there about ten minutes late, but DD had gone ahead and his two younger sisters were already there to join us.  I was almost taken aback when we pulled up to the restaurant and it seemed like the restaurant Covid forgot, it was packed.  I was expecting every other table to be seated, but it was packed as the last time we had been there on a Saturday night.  Luckily, we were placed in the smaller private room, although we were splitting it with a full table of dudes which Wife said sounded like recruits for something, they all looked like college boys in their little suits, but they had nothing to do with us, so who knows.  We had walls on three sides, so it felt very cozy and personal in there.  The food did not disappoint, it was a little slow when they started, they kept coming into the room with just 4-5 pieces of meat on the long skewers which is annoying because I didn't want to be the fat guy asking for two pieces when the rest of the table was getting none.  Eventually, they sent a cavalcade of gauchos and got us to the point of being filled.  I love the dining experience there, you can get up, get a little salad, look around, then the meat just keeps coming once you start on that portion, it is a fun experience, you just better have a fat wallet for afterwards.

    We were just guests of the birthday boy, so I didn't feel obligated to pay for anyone, even Boy is now working, so he is expected to pay for Sweetie and himself.  Still, just for the three of us, Wife, Baby A and myself, the bill came out to $352.  I was a little shocked, but I swallowed hard and we got through that painful part.  It was expensive for all of us, Boy's ticket was like $180, so was DD's and the sister's was like $160.  I did do a tequila shot which I added one for DD since it was birthday and that was a shock at $31 a shot, so I don't think I will be doing that again.  Other than that, the experience was great, we took a bunch of pictures, and Wife and the boys were all pretty content leaving.  The weather is supposed to be bad, by the time I put this out, and I guess the first of the sleet was starting Saturday night which we could feel as we took a few pictures outside before leaving.  Baby A complained it was "fucking cold", he said he is too used to being in his room with his heater and keeping it a nice 70 degrees in there.  We got home and DD's girlfriend had made him a peach cobbler, which is his favorite dessert, so we ended the night with a cup of that, on top of the desserts we had at the restaurant.  It was a classic good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment