Tuesday, January 5, 2021

1/6/21 Easing Back Into Work?

     I am writing this Tuesday night after getting through half of my work week.  It has been very quiet and I like it like that, to get started.  I was off for two weeks, and Wife is here for a third week, so I am wishing I was still hanging out at home, but two weeks is as much as I feel comfortable taking off.  I went back to work Monday afternoon and usually Mondays suck and there is a lot of work backed up from the weekend, but yesterday was nice.  There were only a couple jobs to prep and both tools were working, so I split the work and was done by 11:00pm.

    I told Wife I love my new schedule in the afternoon, after she got up.  I get home and even after staying up a couple hours, I can still get 6-8 hours sleep and get up around 10:00am.  I like my alone time in the morning, Wife won't get up and come down until closer to noon, she likes to sleep in when not at work.  I made some New York strip steaks Monday which she really liked and then I made some ribeye steaks today out on the grill.  She says this is the real reason Baby A doesn't want to go back to school, he eats way too good daily for lunch compared to anything the cafeteria might provide.  I agree that lunch is really good when I get to make some meat on the grill.  We have a pack of sirloin steaks for tomorrow.

    Tonight was similar to Monday, there were a few more jobs but again since I split them between the two tools, I was able to finish twice as fast as it would normally take.  I was home before 11:00pm and Wife was still downstairs watching crappy TV.  She brought me a plate of the food made by Boy and Sweetie, a Mexican dish called Mole.  I make it better by adding a couple spoons of peanut butter to the sauce which then gets mixed with rice.  Nobody else in the house likes that I do this, but I don't think I would like the dish as is.

    Anyways, I have another two days to go this week, but feel pretty good.  There isn't much work in the logbook and I don't think we are expecting anything so I am just taking it easy.  I don't mind working four days a week every week now (I am doing a ten hour shift and not the twelve hour shift anymore).  I feel my life is a little freer since I can come home early most days, I get to sleep a good part of my sleep cycle at night which has helped alleviate my narcolepsy feelings I was experiencing for a while there a year ago.  

    I am looking forward to going to eat at Estancia Churrascaria this weekend.  DD is celebrating his birthday and asked us if we wanted to join him.  It looks like the whole family is going to go along with his sisters and current girlfriend.  It has been awhile since we have gone out to eat a proper meal at a restaurant and this is by far my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment