Sunday, January 24, 2021

1/25/21 Slowly Rejoining My herd?

     One does not realize how important it is to interact with loved ones until the ability to do it is taken away.  I felt a little better today to come out of my room and be a part of the family.  I did get up and take my coffee and then breakfast in my bedroom.  We finished with this around 1:00pm, then I got dressed to go to the store to get some groceries since tomorrow we start living normal again and that means getting back on my low carb diet.  I am honestly scared to weigh myself after being obsessed to the point I could tell if I was going to be up or down on the scale depending on what I had eaten all the way up until the week of Christmas.  I had told Wife I would get off the diet and just enjoy all the goodies of the holidays, before New Year's I knew I was up a good 10-15 pounds looking at the scale and I wasn't worried figuring it would take a couple weeks to get back to where I was and then keep working down.  I will wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to weigh myself, I know after 4-5 weeks of a bad diet, it won't be good.  Still, it is what it is, no reason to cry over what was, just focus on doing better now.

    We went to HEB and got groceries, making an effort to not load any junk food in the basket and only sticking to what I consider safe foods.  I love and hate doing this now, when we go to HEB.  I love knowing we will be eating all these yummy steaks and veggies as the focus of our meals, I know no real junk food goes home, so there is nothing to ruin my plans, but I really hate that it takes almost two hours to go, it takes so much effort to bag all the stuff to get it in the back of the SUV only to repeat and unload everything in the house and find a place in the fridge.  The worst part of it is the sticker shock.  We were pretty conservative today, no extra briskets for the weekend or toilet paper to hoard, and still our bill was almost $300.

    I was planning on going right back to my room, but I noticed Boy and Sweetie were gone, so I stayed downstairs and evaluated what has been going on in my absence.  I gave my grill a good cleaning, DD has used it a couple times to make ribs and a brisket, but he didn't follow up and clean it as well as I would have.  It also needed a good vacuuming, a lot of ashy residue collects inside around the burn box, which I did.  Wife had left a beef stroganoff she bought Saturday afternoon cooking in the oven, so we ate that kind of early, around 6:00pm.  Although it was good, it ruined my time to shine as I love grilling meat on the weekends to eat, but I guess I can start with tomorrow's lunch.

    It was nice to sit at the table and hear Baby A going on about nothing in particular and talking with Wife.  DD was actually busy cleaning his room, for once, we decided to get rid of the old loveseat that had been in that room, tomorrow is bulk city pick up, so we put it out on the curb to get taken away.  It actually opened up his room, he then went and got a table to put in its place and he is moving stuff around to be able to access the closet figuring he is going to stay awhile, might as well pick up his clothes all around the bed and make it look nice.  It was an all around very nice Sunday afternoon, which we finished by watching most of The Greatest Showman while eating a little ice cream.  Boy came home, filled us in on his day and now we are here, starting a new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment