Monday, January 18, 2021

1/18/21 Quarantine Feels Like Being In Prison?

     First off, I know I have been lucky to have gotten a mild case of Covid-19, so far, almost a week into my finding out I'm positive, I have only had some chest congestion, the loss of smell and the loss of taste.  I still want to think the congestion is from allergies because I was battling a runny nose for weeks before I loss my sense of smell and taste.  Still, it is what it is, I tested last Tuesday and the results were positive on Wednesday, so here I am.  The first day I was acting like it wasn't a big deal, I knew I should get upstairs and into my room, I was just being stubborn about not following the rules.  Slowly, I had to accept this had real effects on everybody in the house.  Boy stayed home for the week, Sweetie missed the rest of the week, Wife came home and will be home until Thursday, which is somehow ten days since I was found positive.  DD had by chance taken the week off, but found himself kind of quarantining with his GF downstairs, although he kept leaving the house to go get food and stuff.  Baby A is doing remote learning so he wasn't affected too much.

    Still, by the time Wife came home Wednesday night, I had moved my laptop and Boy got me an extra snack table to set it up on, so I was more or less set.  As far as prison cells go, I am doing pretty good.  The bedroom and bath are the length of the house upstairs, I have a view of the greenbelt out the back windows, I have a 55" TV, the laptop, a case of waters and Gatorade, constant snacks and food coming from Wife, our kingsize bed, a full bath, and the bathroom even has a door to the balcony up in the front that no one ever goes out to, so I feel comfortable stepping out there whenever I want.  It is weird to think that I have now been upstairs for almost a full week without going downstairs.  I am reliant on Wife, but she is pretty good at taking care of the big baby.  She has extra cookies and junk food downstairs at the ready.  She is bringing me about two meals a day and assorted snacks, like the plate of fruit the other day.

    This is not my preferred way of living, I like to interact with my boys a little more, they'll kind of get close enough to yell at me from out in the hall once or twice a day, but if I even try to poke my head out of the room, it's like hitting a bee's nest, they all come out of their rooms yelling "Back! Back! Get in your room!"  It's a little funny and it sucks a little.  Saturday and Sunday night I could hear them all gathered in the kitchen eating ribs and stuff, discussing contingency plans if I kick the bucket, what they would do to continue.  Wife tells me this, half joking, but let's face it, some truth in it.  I am just thankful I am about a week into it and so far I feel about the same as usual.  As I am drinking my coffee, I was even telling Wife to go easy on the coffee sweetener, she added hazelnut and I can tell she overdid it, so even if I can't taste sweet, I can still sense it and I can taste bitter.  Either my mouth is going off of memory or my taste buds might be coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment