Monday, November 2, 2020

11/3/20 I Kind Of Like Living In A Covid-19 World?

    First off, I am not pro virus, idiots, I like the results it has spawned.  Generally, I am an introvert and not a fan of crowded locations.  As I have said more than a couple times, I love that we are spending more time at home nowadays, we don't do unnecessary crap out and about if we can help it.  But, when we have had to go out into the public world, I do like some things.  We hadn't eaten out in months and when we finally went to Mod Pizza about a month or so ago, it was so awesome to see every other table blocked off, so we had no chance of having an idiot group sit close to us.  This was the same thing twice with my in-laws when they have joined us to see Baby A's football games, we eat together afterwards and we have been given huge space all around, I love that. 
    I just don't like people in my space.  I also noticed this to be the case at Baby A's football games.  The first game in Hays was great, we bought "reserved" tickets and were given actual seating locations which told the dum-dums where to sit.  This was great because people are generally dense.  I say this because at other games we have been told to space apart and it has worked more or less, but this last game, the convention seemed to start falling apart, almost like people believe the vaccine is already out or the virus has given up.  We got to the game about forty minutes early, we were maybe the 2nd or 3rd group of parents to get there, and I like to sit near the 50 yard line, it splits both sides of the field evenly.  Everything was cool, people arrived and everyone was sitting spaced pretty good, the tend to skip a row and then sit skewed to one side or the other, it seems to work well enough.  Well, with 2-3 minutes before kickoff, a family came in, it was only four people, but they were a husky group.  I understand that and I will even say it seems like a great supportive family, from dad to mama, to younger siblings, they all scream for their kid all game long, as they should.  The only thing that bothered me was that the younger girl ended up so close to me, her flailing arms touched my leg, which worried me that she might knock my camera over from it's tripod.  Luckily, with no other people close to us, I told Wife slide over and away.  While we stood for the National Anthem, we slid over about 3 feet to give us some more space, and the little girl kept standing like she had fleas in her ass every 3-5 minutes, but we were spaced enough away that it didn't bother me, too much.
    This was also the case at the voting location, the line went out the door, but it was because they were spacing people so far apart.  We had designated spots to stand on, noted on the floor with big stickers, then the machines were all separated by more than 6 feet, what else could an introvert ask for, thanks Covid-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment