Tuesday, November 10, 2020

11/11/20 Busy Saturday Morning? (part 4 of 4)

     Since I had Wife on the ropes and she was being agreeable, I pushed it and asked her if she wanted to go to Woods Fun Center, where they sell the Seadoos and other personal watercraft, PWC.  We didn't have anything special to do, well, there was a baby shower drive-by, but it got cancelled at the last minute, so away we headed to  north Austin.  Apparently, Woods Fun Center is now named is now called RideNow Powersports, but it is the same thing, just a store filled with all the things that boys love that don't have boobs.  They sell motorcycles, scooters, ATVs, PWC, and other funky small vehicles.

    I was trying to sell Wife on the idea of maybe getting a pair of the cheapest PWC, which are the Seadoo Spark jetskis, but in reality, I really want the new Seadoo Fish Pro, but there is a difference of roughly $7000 so I have to accept my limitations.  The first guy was shit useless saying it was now the off season for PWC, so the product they might have in stock would be in their warehouse.  I said thank you and started walking around, the bikes and other 3 wheeled vehicles are still pretty cool to look at.  After a few minutes, another dude came towards us and asked if we wanted to look at some PWC, they had a small lot with all sorts of PWC.  Although it turned out that the first guy was half right, they did have a lot of them in the lot, but most were tagged for service, so they belonged to other customers who had dropped them off to get serviced, probably winterized to be put away until next season.

    Even though, none of the ones we looked at was available for sale, Baby A was infected, all of a sudden he piped up that he would love one of the big Fish Pro models, exactly the ones I would like to get.  Wife was impressed by the size, the Fish Pro is about two feet longer and a little wider than most other PWC and so it looks safer than most.  All of a sudden, she was telling me, if you want to do it, might as well get new ones, and f your son wants those, go for it.  I got excited, this is what I live for, when I get to have my way.  But, I chickened out on my own.  Once he wrote the numbers down and started adding delivery charges of $800, and prep charges of $1000, and then we need a trailer running another $2400, well, it starts to get out of hand.  Yes, the PWC I want is $15,999 x 2 plus $2400 for a trailer then all the hidden costs and financing and it would have been near $750 a month.  We could probably afford it, but I will need a new vehicle soon and I keep saying I want a new F-250 or the new Excursion, both of those are going to be over $70,000.  That means a monthly payment close to $1000 a month, so I have to be careful, this is how we ended up getting in credit card debt in the first place.

    We talked about it as we left, and Wife is still agreeable to the idea, I might have to settle on a new Explorer maybe, which would be a lot cheaper, or maybe she gets a promotion next year, I don't know, but I do believe I am getting closer to the water.

Seadoo Fish Pro (about $15,999)


Seadoo Spark Trixx (about $7700)

Can-Am Spyder, one of the funky rides (about $15,999) range is huge, most basic is $8699 to over $24,000.

Polaris Slingshot, funkiest thing in there, to me (about $24,999) range is also big, basic being around $20,999 to one with a rooftop going for over $34,000.


No comments:

Post a Comment