Tuesday, November 17, 2020

11/18/20 Diet Update IV?

     It has been about a month since my last mention of my dieting efforts and I am glad to say I have lost another 15 pounds and now at 357 pounds, as of this morning.  I am now feeling much better about myself as I approach losing almost 80 pounds.  I want to say it has been easy on the one hand but also extremely hard.  It is easy, in theory, we just cut out carbs, Wife is still doing the diet with me and she has lost about 55 pounds or so too.  Anyone can do this diet, just avoid eating sugar but as easy as that is, it is also hard because everything has sugar, so what do you do?

    Well, meat is your best friend, it does not have carbs, it is just protein, which is the building blocks for us and is a necessity.  Vegetarians will tell you otherwise, but I don't see vegetarians doing manual labor or other feats of strength, so Shhh.  I know they are very unpopular, but there is no way I would even still be on the diet without diet sodas.  I have tried to cut down and drink more water, but sometimes, diet soda is the only thing that will kill the craving of something to put in my system.  Weighing the pros and cons, I will take the loss of 80 pounds over the possible health dangers of drinking diet soda.  I do vary it, so if a chemical turns out to be bad in say Diet Coke, well, sometimes I go with diet Pepsi, and sometimes it is diet Big Red, or diet Tea from HEB.  They are all staples right now.

    I did have a huge stumbling block on Halloween.  It was the first time I planned on getting off the diet for a weekend, so we could enjoy some candies and junk food since we weren't going to try to be on "ketosis" anyway.  Man, it took me almost two weeks to recoup the lack of focus I had on that long weekend.  We ate pretty much like we used to, I bought all sorts of muffins and cookies and huge bags of Halloween candy which I just devoured like it was air.  I regretted that weekend so much, first of all, I got constipated and that hurt, for almost a week to get all that crap out of my system, literally.  I also put on 7 -8 pounds that just didn't want to come off like weight normally falls off.  

    In ketosis, I can count on losing about a pound a day, now every weekend it slows down a bit, depending on what we eat, with Wife here, we tend to eat more like two meals, but during the week, I eat one meal and then I snack the other one, like I'll eat some leftover meat, but not a full plate, or maybe I'll have some low carb ice cream with some nuts.

    Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I will try my best not to pig out all holiday, but I do plan on enjoying the Thanksgiving meal, be it mashed potatoes, stuffing, and any and all pies that come my way.  I just have to remember that constipated feeling and not do it for 3-4 days in a row.  Wife has already told her sisters that they are taking all the leftovers, except for maybe the turkey and ham.  Let's see if I can learn from my mistakes.  I should get to my goal of 350 by the end of the year, and if I can get to 340 to give me a window of error over Christmas, that would be even better, but we'll see how I am doing in another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment