Thursday, November 19, 2020

11/19/20 Saturday Drive-By To San Antonio?

     For the first few days last week, I thought my parents were going to come for a visit and see Baby A's football game, but they switched it because his birthday is this week, so they should be driving here this week.  Since our weekend was then open and I've got nothing better to do than obsess over getting a new boat, PWC, or kayaks, Wife used it against me to drive down and visit her family for a birthday.  She knows I love walking around Bass Pro Shops, so pitched the trip as we can leave early and go to your store, and then for the birthday party it is a drive-by parade, so we'll just drive-by and drop off a gift for one of the younger kids of her brother.  I thought this sounded okay, I am getting tired of just being in the house all the time, but it's not like we can go hang out at the mall, so this seemed like a good use of an afternoon.

    We got to Bass Pro Shops around 3:00pm and I forgot they move the boats out to set up their Santa land in that section.  As we walked in they had maybe 5-6 boats outside, two that I kind of liked and the price was not bad, but I really want something smaller, if only because it will then fit in the garage and I can have them close by and not have to pay extra for a storage location.  I was really looking for the Mako brand which has a couple of boats in the 15-18ft size that I could like, but they did not have any of those.  We then walked around and looked at the kayaks upstairs, and even did the thought process on these floating fishing tubes that are almost like tire tubes but open on one side and are meant to float your lower body to move yourself with fins on your feet.  I almost like the idea, but I know we wouldn't cover a lot of ground that way.  We walked around until 4:15 or so, then headed out to the party.

    For these birthday parade, we lined up at the school parking lot close by, and waited until 5:00pm.  The sister was saying for one of the other kids, they had about 100 cars because he plays soccer and a bunch of his friends showed up.  This was for the youngest kid, so it was just family and an extra friend or two.  I thought the whole idea goofy, I hate honking my horn and carrying on, specially in a neighborhood, disturbing the neighbors, but everyone else was honking and driving snake-like side to side, even if the snake was maybe 10 cars long.  We drove by from one direction, waved like idiots, then got to a cul de sac, turned and repeated the process.  I don't understand the process, they weren't even wearing masks and then afterwards most everybody ended up stopping and going inside, so it's not like we avoided Covid-19 by doing this, if any family has it.

    Still, it was kind of okay, the kids were all upstairs or outside, I guess they are old enough that the parents didn't bother with party activities like busting pinatas or pin the tail on the donkey.  We just went in and they had gotten some Chick-Fil-A tenders in a couple of boxes and way too many pizzas and that was the party.  Honestly, it was fine, I ate most of the tenders it felt like, but nobody else was touching them, then my brother in law felt bad they didn't have any low carb food and he threw some sausages on a skillet and kept throwing them on my plate until I said no more!  We sat and chit chatted until 8:00 pm or so, then headed back home.

    On a side note, I think losing the weight (almost 80 pounds so far) has helped my perceived narcolepsy, I notice I am not falling asleep or getting sleepy like I used to everywhere we go.  I have been driving us around the last couple of weeks, acting all "man of the house" like I should.  I drove Wife's fancy Telluride to and from San Antonio which honestly feels great to me.  Wife is a good driver, but she is a nerd scared to lose her CDL and won't speed.  I will at least hit 80 with the flow of traffic and get us here and there a little quicker.  She will also line up behind slow drivers and be comfortable doing it. I loose my shit whenever some inferior piece of shit human tries to steal part of my life by slowing me down and making me go at their speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment