Monday, November 2, 2020

11/2/20 Halloween NIght?

     It was hard to figure out what kind of night Halloween would turn into.  Boy went off to Dallas to help friends celebrate them buying their first house so it would just be the rest of us.  Baby A had friends over and it was cute that they all dressed up in Pokemon pajamas, looking like different characters, such as Charmander, Pikachu, Snorlax, and then a couple others.  Wife and I kept it simple just wearing some Halloween shirts while we sat outside waiting for trick or treaters.  While Wife handed out candies, I was watching over my grill, we smoked a brisket (this time for 10 hours), and then I added hamburgers, jalapeno bombers, and sausages for variety.  I felt like having a mixed drink but it had been awhile I simply mixed Pepsi Zero with Amaretto and Jack Daniels.  It was strong and yummy.

    I cleaned the pool and hot tub in hopes of getting in, but there is something wrong with the hot tub, it wasn't pushing the water as strong as it should.  it felt like it was working at maybe 50% force, so heater would not stay on.  It has a fail safe, if water stops it stops heating so it won't burn itself out.  At least it helped make both the pool and hot tub clean for the next few weeks.

    Halloween, as a holiday was very much a dud.  We probably bought $150 worth of candies, but only gave out 20-30 little baggies of the 150 baggies Wife made the night before.  I got frustrated towards the end and gave a kid like 6 bags telling him to just take everything I had laid on the table, we were calling it a night.  We went in as the food was ready, I cut the brisket into slices and everyone ate their fill.  We have probably just enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

    The kids were bouncing around trying to decide what to do next and I jokingly said Hamilton and they all got excited and were headed up to watch it in Baby A's room and I told them to just put it on the projector.  I am writing this at 9:30pm Halloween night and the boy's are about an hour into Hamilton and I can hear them screaming the lyrics and reacting to the scenes.  Even DD came out of his room saying he wanted to sit in the living room, he loves the songs too.  It is kind of awesome hearing them sing along, hitting the punching bag, messing around with the weights and showing off to each other how many pullups they can do on the squat rack.  Very different vibe than Boy but still cool, in their own way.



No comments:

Post a Comment