Wednesday, July 3, 2019

7/3/19 Half A Year Has Flown By?

    I hate thinking like this, but it is reality.  We are past the halfway point in 2019, basically we have 2 months of heat, football starts, 10-12 weekends of Longhorns games, and suddenly we are back in the holiday season.  This year will go extra fast with keeping up with Javalina's football games and band commitments.  We want him to keep doing both at least for now, mostly because he can, but we are curious about band life in the big city.
    I started out great in January with Javalina doing about 6 weeks of Atkins, we both lost around 40 pounds.  Then it was one party after another and we went through February like sampling different cakes every weekend for someone else's birthday and before we knew it, I am back to 430 as of last night.  I swear I need to do better.  I can take the weight off, I am just not disciplined to keep it up.  My excuse was that it is expensive to maintain that high protein diet, but honestly, we are right on the cusp of being done with some commitments and freeing up some of our money, so eating well shouldn't be a problem, specially with renters in the house.
    I told Wife after a very lackluster romp in the sack that my fat ass needs to be in better shape to perform.  These last 40 pounds are like a switch and I honestly don't even want to go at it.  She keeps asking and I'm like "I'm playing Sudoku, or I need to shit, or didn't you just fart, gross."  I was even thinking I was doing better with my sleepiness, but I guess I am weak.
    Javalina has become a rock, he lost the 40 pounds and now actively avoids junk food.  I keep buying cheap ass Little Debbie snacks and then end up eating most of them myself.  I should have just kept up with him lifting and dieting.  It is easy to say right now that I am not working.  I hate waking up and breaking a sweat but maybe that would be best.  It would not kill me to walk a mile or two on the treadmill and do some squats to strengthen my knees.  I surely don't want to be like my dad who hurts everywhere all the time.  I need to stay ahead of the pain.
    Wife has started some classes and so far so good, she is sporting a couple of A's on her first papers, she is just good at that stuff, I can't muster the energy to even think of going back to classes and be bossed around by some know it all dink.  I'll support her as much as I have to, she can be my security blanket for my old age.  She'll keep me in the lifestyle I have become accustomed to.
    Boy will eventually graduate.  He snuck in an extra semester, but even then, the place where he started his internship still has him and they are in the process of creating a package to keep him with a real salary.  He is at the $50K range right now, I am hoping he is offered something around low $70k for starters plus he says they offer full medical and dental and there might also be stock options.  Mijo is pretty set for his future if he can only wait until GF finishes school to move to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment