Wednesday, July 24, 2019

7/24/19 I Get Tired Of Being Right?

    Well, the Excursion did exactly what I told the Ford service guy it was going to do.  I told that fucking condescending shit that I thought it was the alternator, he just smiled back and said "nah, they rarely go bad.  It's the battery."  I said "yeah, but I did a test I found online where you remove the negative terminal and if the engine dies, it is the alternator, if it stays on, the problem is the battery and when I did it, the engine died."  The last part of the sentence fell on deaf ears, he was already nodding an ignorant yes, yes, I know.  The part that pissed me off was when I said I don't feel great leaving and getting stranded on the highway because it is the alternator.  He just gave me a "well, let's hope it doesn't happen."  The only good thing that sounded intelligent was him saying they ran the battery against a load and it was holding charge.  A load is probably with the A/C and lights on as those are a few things that run off electricity, that I know of.
    Last night while driving in to work, the ABS light came on which I thought was weird, then a few seconds later the radio shut off.  This scared me a bit, thinking I've got electrical problems.  Luckily, I was close enough to work that I made it to my parking lot.  I turned it off and attempted to turn it on, figuring I didn't want the surprise of it not starting after midnight when I head off to lunch and then being really alone to deal with this.  I called Wife and she called a tow truck since she has dealt with a few in her days, she keeps a number on her phone.  A lady tow truck driver showed up which seemed odd (I had never seen one, other than on TV), but she was quick and competent, so no problems for me.  She had a small charger and quickly turned the engine on.  She agreed that it had to be the alternator if the battery was new.
    Everybody I talked to says Ford should compensate me the tow which I agree with ($150.00), specially since this is the second time I go back in two days and I told them it was the alternator on Sunday night.  My son thinks I should somehow be given the battery since apparently mine was good since the new one didn't solve the problem, I am not sure I follow that logic.  Nonetheless, I am pissed at being dismissed and then I was right.  If you are going to act like an expert, you goddam better be one, white and old doesn't mean you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment