Wednesday, July 17, 2019

7/17/19 Staying In?

    Wife spent most of Tuesday at her conference, so Javalina and I did what we do best, sleep.  I was in and out of sleep until around 2:00pm.  I used the day to rest my knee that was about killing me Monday night.  We did get up at 7:00am for the free breakfast.  It was pretty good, for free.  There were eggs, and potato wedges, and toast, pastries, fruits, orange juice, cranberry, coffee, cereals, and even the famous waffle maker.  I ate almost everything and fell asleep almost the instant we walked in the room.  Wife likes it super cold and the room was set at 67 degrees.  I kept waking up with sore joints, not sure if it was from the temperature or sleeping in a strange bed.
    I finally woke up at 2:00pm or so and asked Javalina "what do I do to stay awake, I got no reason to stay up..."  He was busy on his phone watching videos, I eventually took a shower to wake me.  It was funny that by the time I told Javalina to come with me and get some fresh coffee from the lobby, Wife came home and came up one of the other elevators.  We came back up and of course, Wife was trying to clean up the room, busily throwing away the pizza boxes we ordered the night before.
    Around this time, my brother called.  He said my dad had taken a fall and his blood sugar was in the high 500s.  After going back and forth, they called an ambulance and they took him to the area hospital in Carrizo Springs.  I felt a tad guilty that I couldn't do anything to get down there.  We are in the middle of a conference.  To make matters worse, we were getting dressed to go for a swim in the pool.  I sat for awhile in the room, called my mom and she said the same thing my brother had just told me.  While we swam, my brother said they had gotten him to the doctor and his blood sugar had risen a bit more, but at least now he was under doctor supervision.  The main storyline is that a few weeks ago they changed his medications and his sugar has not been responding well to it.  It took a few hours but by nighttime mom texted to say his sugar had come down to 265 at 11:00pm.  He was going to spend the night for evaluation and hopefully he goes home tomorrow.
    We enjoyed the breakfast at 7:00am and even the "dinner" at 5:30pm, but we were hungry at 9:30pm.  We went down to the bar and we were able to order some burgers and fries at a steep price of $14 a plate, but at least we didn't have to leave anywhere all day.  We finished the night by going back to the room and watching a couple more episodes of Big Bang Theory.  Wife worked on her newest homework assignment for class, Javalina ate some ice cream, and I laid on the bed and napped in and out until Wife got ready for bed.  I then switched places with her and here I sit on the desk, writing and listening to YouTube videos until at least 2:45 right now.  Wife and Javalina both fell asleep by around 1:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment