Monday, July 8, 2019

7/8/19 End Of My Vacation Week 1?

    I don't know that this past week was less than restful but I think it was good overall.  The first few days were stressful with the discovery Boy was sick with mono.  This caused us to cancel our plans to Corpus Christi with my folks because Wife wanted to ensure Boy would listen and stay home.  We managed a couple of day trips to San Antonio to visit with my in-laws as my father in law had a surgical procedure on his bladder because of his prostate.
    The best part of the whole week was that Wife was not on me about my sleeping pattern.  She let me do whatever.  Most days I was up at 5:00-7:00am and lasted until 10:30am or so before going for a nap.  While I napped, she worked on her homework, so there was no lost time.  I would then get up at 2:00-4:00pm and enjoy the rest of the day.
    As I said on other blogs, we went to look at the boats at Bass Pro Shops and I have been having a tough time deciding whether I will or won't buy a second boat.  I spent a lot of time looking at boats and other possible distractions since we really didn't have an agenda.
    Probably the best thing to come out of this week is that I decided to get back on Atkins.  I was just feeling heavier and heavier and Wife put pressure on me to buy new clothes, I usually refuse to even try on.  Her yammering got me to try a few shorts at JCPenney and non of them really fit, even though I was looking at the biggest they sell in both dressy and casual.  I have to admit that I need to do something, so Atkins has repeatedly been the easiest thing to get me going and that is what I decided to start on.  It is more than likely water loss but I have already seen my weight go from 430 back down to 419.  The biggest difference is in what I munch on.  Normally, I love pastries and any type of bread with something sweet on it, such as: Cookies, all the Little Debbie treats, ice cream, sodas.... Changing to a low carb menu means I have to munch on cheeses, nuts, sugar free Jellos, for starters.  I can still enjoy my cup of coffee every morning but I only use artificial sweetener and a little milk.
    Friday was Javalina's sleepover night and we grilled and ordered pizzas for them.  We grilled again on Sunday night, this time making actual fat steaks for each of us and some sausage.  Because Wife is also almost trying Atkins, she made some asparagus spears wrapped in bacon and a vegetable medley with a bunch of cheese melted and heated over the grill.
    Things are pretty cool right now, Boy was here in time to eat dinner with us, so it felt like we were all together when we ate.  After dinner I set up Javalina's shoe rack which we went and got at Lowe's forhim and Boy.  I like the way the original ones look by the entrance door, so I got a couple more for each of their rooms.  Going back to work tomorrow sounds like a pain in the butt, but I work for one week and then I am off for another week with a scheduled trip to Houston, unless Boy manages to get sick again.

No comments:

Post a Comment