Tuesday, July 23, 2019

7/23/19 Stepped Into A New Year?

    Wife is gone after being with us for a nice three week break, sort of.  She was technically back at work last week, but we tagged along, Javalina and I, to Houston, so it seemed like we were on a break from work for three weeks.  It could have been four or five weeks.  It really is time for her to get her butt back and give us some semblance of flow and normalcy.  Right now, it just feels like I live with roommates who mooch off me like a lot, the little one completely.
    I thought it was kind of weird tonight when I went home for lunch around midnight, Javalina came and had a "heart to heart" with me.  He wanted to thank me for everything I do, he knows with mom far away I do a lot for him and he wanted to say he recognizes it and appreciates it.  I told him that is what I am here for, but don't worry about thanking me, just don't be a douchebag when I am asking to do stuff FOR YOU.  He has a bad habit of denying our wanting to buy him nice clothes.  He says we already bought him enough shirts for school, he has maybe 6 new shirts.  Boy would have at least twenty new shirts when a school year started.  It was so frustrating at the Galleria Mall last week, Boy would have left my credit cards smoking.  I couldn't get Javalina to try on a pair of pants or even tennis shoes.  He likes the cheap shit from Academy, I do too, but he should be cooler than me.
    The first major hurdle we had to get over as Team Gallegos Men was the battery on the Excursion.  I was sure it was the alternator, but the service technician at Maxwell Ford assured me it was just the battery.  I say great, as it costs half as much as replacing the alternator.  It sucks being without a vehicle and as soon as I can work it in, I am going to try and buy a cheap back-up car.  Since we are on our own, each of us, we can't rely on one another.  A cheap dependable back-up car might even be useful if Wife starts having car trouble or even Boy going to San Marcos for classes, they could take the back-up.  I love the Mini brand, but I am such a big cow for them.  Wife jokes that we should get another Kia Soul, she loves hers that much.
    I say she is gone but she will be back tonight, she was at a conference in San Antonio, Sunday through Tuesday.  She will come up, sleep at the house, then drive to La Pryor Wednesday morning, sleep in Crystal Wednesday night and come back Thursday night, this is the last or 2nd to last week where they work 4 ten hour days.

No comments:

Post a Comment