Thursday, July 11, 2019

7/11/19 Maybe God Was In The Shitter?

    I argue with my Mom who hates the fact that I say I am an atheist, but the thought of a god out there looking over us is as likely as Santa Claus is to deliver presents on Christmas Eve.  The only way I could ever agree with a god up above us if he is like the late great Carlin said who described having a god as "if we have a god, he's at least incompetent or most likely doesn't give a shit."
    My reason for this rant today is my Mom texted this morning that my cousin who drives big trucks out there in the oil fields in South Texas was involved in an accident this morning.  I know some of you simpletons are going to say "well, god protected him and he survived."  Fuck you, the seatbelts and the brakes and the construction of the cabin by ENGINEERS and people that think kept him alive.  Sorry, but I get tired of the same old song.  Here is the story that my cousin recounted to my aunt.  He was driving towards Asherton, Tx in the morning (he works a night shift and Asherton is about 30 minutes from Crystal City) and he came up on another big truck going the other way when all of a sudden a pick up truck popped up from behind the other truck and attempted to pass the big truck.  My cousin said he envisioned killing the man in the truck, the road was narrow and nowhere to go.  He tried making room for him but once he stepped off the gravel, nature took its course and the truck lost control and he flipped into the ditch side.  Ok, maybe God was taking a shit or making coffee, but the other trucker tried to do the same of making room for the greatest human turd in the world driving a pickup truck.  He also managed to flip his truck into the ditch on the other side of the road.  Guess what?  The Turd in the pickup truck was not late to his appointment or his Sancha or wherever the fuck he was going because the mother F-er didn't even stop.  He caused two semi trucks to roll over so they wouldn't hurt him and I guess mission accomplished, he didn't even get a scratch on his pickup.
    My cousin's boss was glad he is going to be alright and glad that someone wasn't killed.  My aunt said he came around to the hospital to check on him.  He was nice enough to give him the rest of the week off.  Back to God, maybe he hates my cousin?  He has never hurt anybody, is as quiet as a mouse, and an all around nice guy.  I would say my siblings and I are bigger dicks than him and we are still good people and this is who the Almighty decides needs to be tumble dried in a big rig?  Why don't we hear stories of the heroin addicts and people who commit crimes getting into shit like this?  I can almost bet that Dick in the pickup truck was a ne'er-do-well.  A decent human would have stopped.  I hope he at least called 911 when he got to wherever he was rushing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment