Saturday, July 20, 2019

7/20/19 Back Home?

    At the end of any trip, it is good to be home.  Check-out time yesterday was at 11:00am and we pretty much walked out at 10:58am.  Wife took care of signing out at the front desk and I went and talked to the valet guys to bring the car up front.  Don't think for a minute that we're fancy, that is how the hotel works.  It felt weird having random guys bring the car to us, I know and even see in movies that tips are paid for this interaction, after a week of enjoying this, I gave the guy $20.  I told him I wasn't trying to be rude and wasn't sure if this was enough, but we hadn't tipped all week, so here.  He said thanks and that they do pool all the tips and split them, which made me feel a little better about it.
    After this, Wife wanted to stop and eat, but she wanted to be outside of Houston before doing so.  I was alright for going on as I had gotten up at 8:00am and eaten breakfast by myself.  Wife said she would wake us at 7:30am but that did not happen.  She also said if you wake me, you will drive home, so I was as quiet as a mouse and went downstairs to eat eggs and real bacon, which was nice.
    Anyways, we hit Katy Mall around 11:50am and walked around the boats and fishing gear for about an hour before I got bored and we decided to get going.  We stopped a few miles down the road at the Buc-ee's and filled up with gas.  That little car is great, she gassed up on our way up there in Bastrop and didn't need more gas until we left for the long road trip back and it is usually only like $25-$28 to fill up.  we then stopped in Sealy at the McDonald's and got some burgers to go.  Wife wanted to get home before rush hour in Austin started, whatever that means.  Regardless, we were home by around 3:00pm and the heat upon opening the car door at the house kicked us in the face.  We walked in and stripped down to our undies.
    We saw Boy hanging out, he said he had come home early and was working from home.  We talked about our trip for an hour or so and then we went upstairs to relax in our bedroom.  Wife saw a show, I played with my phone until I fell asleep.  Wife then said she was taking a nap and we ended up sleeping until 9:00pm.  We got up and we both had Taco Cabana in mind.  We ate there on Sunday before we went on our trip and either this branch is making better food or TC has improved their menu that much, but the food was delicious.  I had a couple of brisket tacos and a fajita taco along with a bean and cheese and all were very good.  Wife had chicken tacos and she was equally pleased.  Javalina sticks to the quesadilla with chicken which he likes.
    We came back home talking about doing a marathon watching the first season of Grown-ish but Wife got caught up in a shitty movie, Here On Earth.  The premise is simple and I don't think they got it.  An A-hole from the big city with money races through town and smashes a small restaurant.  The judge being over the top and non realistic sets the guys punishment at him helping to rebuild the restaurant which is supposed to teach him manners, but I don't think he really learned his lesson.  He was still a dick even towards the end of the movie.  The local girl falls in love with him as they always do in shitty movies (because she gets him), and they are off to play grab-ass and probably pregnant if not for her life changing ordeal.  The movie was chicken shit, but it's the kind of crap Wife likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment