Saturday, July 27, 2019

7/27/19 Now I've Been Bit By The New Car Bug?

    I was doing so well, I had told Wife that I was willing to wait and just keep driving my Excursion a couple more years since it is like a tank and never gives me any problems.  It's not that I don't want a new truck, nobody loves new shit more than me, I just don't want the $700-$800 a month bill.  This all changed this week after being without my Excursion for most of the week.  Being without a vehicle makes one do things he wouldn't normally do, like look at other vehicles online.
    My problems started Sunday, I got a new battery, then a new alternator with new connecting wires, just when I thought everything was cool, that failed to solve my problems and the battery light kept shining for all its worth.  It took a second alternator to finally fix the problem, I think.  At this point, can I say the problem is solved, or am I just waiting for the batteries juice to run low enough that it is going to start all over again?  One gets gun shy after experiencing a problem over and over.  I feel like when I was having gallbladder pains, never sure what would initiate it, but sure that it would happen soon and continue until I had dry heaved into a toilet and left there almost in tears.
    So maybe it is time to move it on up.  I have been driving the Excursion since 2004, that is almost 15 years, and some of you a-holes call me spoiled and say I need to constantly be spending money on the latest toy.  As much as Wife likes the sound of the word no, she can be swayed with a pretty picture and the right price.  I've been staring, bordering on making certain F-250s blush because I think they are just the perfect sexiest machines on the road.  My only problem is that 95% of them are either black or white.  Sure, there is also a dark grey that looks kind of black and about 3-4 silvers and off whites that are all basically white.  I won't deny that the black ones are very good looking, but I already had one and they are hard to keep looking clean, even with the fact that I had a contract at the local car wash and I washed it about once a week.  What I really liked this week is their Ruby Red, they have two tones of red and this is the darker richer looking one.  With the chrome wheels and the rest of it looking black, it is a beautiful looking thing.
    There is one in San Antonio for $42,795, but it has cloth seats and is not particularly loaded.  With about $4000 down, the monthly payments would fall near $600 for 72 months.  There was another one for $49,500 in San Marcos I think, and it did have the fancy console with the giant screen but again, no leather.  I could always have the leather installed like I did on the Excursion with some OEM seat leathers after awhile, but I don't know.
    Right now, I want to see what the Excursion is going to do.  If it settles down with the light show on the dashboard, I will settle down too.  If it keeps fucking up, well, I guess it might be time to head in different paths.  I love you, but only as far as you can be counted on.  I gots no time for fuck-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment