Friday, July 26, 2019

7/26/19 Third Time's The Charm?

    Almost, I almost was done with my problems with my Excursion.  After not listening to me that it was the alternator, I got a new battery installed Monday, Tuesday I barely got to work before it died on me.  I got a tow from Harper's Towing.  The dispatcher was nice enough to put it in Wife's head that the tow should be free because it hadn't been 72 hours.  Well, that sounded official, so now my wife and everyone who overheard in the house was expecting me to go and fight for the cost of a tow.  I really hate doing shit like that, but I mentioned it to the service manager.  He said "no, we don't do that, never heard of it."  I said ok and let it go.  He was telling me the alternator was still covered under warranty, so replacing it would not fall on me, it would be free.
    Today I went in to pick it up with a new alternator, they installed new wires and add the new battery on Monday, I should be jamming for at least two years, worry free.  Before I left, the lady who was helping me mentioned that I would get an online evaluation to give them 5 stars.  I told her "are you high?"  I then explained how I had gone in there saying I was pretty sure it was the alternator but Mr. Man (who took the afternoon off) corrected me and funny enough the main service area manager had just walked in maybe because I got loud, and he chuckled (maybe it just seems condescending, I'm not used to people suggesting I am wrong).  He said taking off the negative terminal doesn't necessarily prove that it is the alternator.  This got me to pull him in to the conversation to which I said "fine, I can respect that answer, but when we do it your way and two days later I am on the side of the road and I specifically told you I didn't want this problem and you just chuckled, can we now agree that it might be the alternator?  I spent hours Sunday night charging the battery to save the towing fee.  I drove it in without A/C to make sure I made it in only to still have to tow it Tuesday afternoon and pay $150."  At this point, Mr. Service Manager mouthed "it probably is the alternator."  I then had him and simply said "Don't you stand behind your work anymore?"  "Of course we do, what would you like to happen here?"  I told him I am not an unreasonable man, pay at least half the tow or give me a credit for my next oil change, maybe the battery was also bad."  He said fine, we'll make a note on your record that we owe you $75.00 credit.
    I walked out pretty proud of myself with a free alternator and my $75 credit.  I was even going to get to work a little early, but as soon as I stepped on the gas on the frontage, the battery light came on AGAIN!!  I drove all around to Stassney and back to Ben White to go back to Ford.  I dropped it off with the lady who thinks I am giving them 5 stars but it was after 6:30pm and they were closed.  I had to leave it there.  I called Boy who was still in the area at Lowe's and he came and picked me up, with attitude, to boot.  That brown Turd, after driving him around most of his life, up to the age of 20 because he didn't want to drive tells me "what is up with tomorrow?" as he is dropping me off at work.  I said "I don't know, get with your mom, maybe I can use her car, but don't disappear until we are sure.  Your brother has band camp all day from 8:00am to 4:00pm.  You might need to pick him up."  He had the balls to tell me "this is getting old."  I sarcastically said I am sorry I am affecting your love life, but you are driving around in my fucking car.  Idiot child.

No comments:

Post a Comment