Friday, July 19, 2019

7/19/19 Houston Museum of Natural Science?

    Wife mentioned going to this museum early in the week, but it sounded kind of like a pain the ass and we would have to walk a few miles, but looking at Google, we also saw that it would be free Thursday evenings, all summer.  One thing we all love is free, even if "not really".
    We started the day again, at like 8:00am, eating the free breakfast offered by the hotel.  I really like the eggs and cheese and even the red potato wedges they seem to use at every meal, but Monday they gave us sausage patties that were Turkey based, they were ok.  Today, however, they gave us turkey mini links and they were just too sweet to be natural.  I had gotten about 4 and was having a hard time finishing the last two but Javalina gave me his and suddenly it felt like a punishment to have to swallow that much lame meat.  I managed, but I did not want to eat anymore after this.  I did tell Wife to get me a plate of pastries for the room for after my sleep while I got a cup of coffee.  We got back to the room and I think I wrote a blog and went to sleep while Wife got dressed and left for her sessions.
    Wife started calling around 3:00pm that she was almost done and we could go pick her up.  I said slow down and turned over on the bed.  I was still dead asleep and was not going to get up and rush to go find her in some random building.  I got up maybe five minutes later and jumped in the shower.  She managed to get here by the time I was out and then Javalina reminded us we needed to go eat at Genghis Grill because he likes it so much.  We went and it was ok, at best.  I was worried all that mixed up food would mess me up, but after going to the bathroom at the museum, I only farted a little bit.
    So, the permanent exhibits are free on Thursdays, but that did not include the show about gravity and space.  I was really hoping it would be about the Apollo space missions and the Saturn rockets that got us going to the moon.  It was not, it was kind of a generic overview of we are going to some day vacation on the space station and then eventually the moon.  This part of the show cost us a whole $11.00 for the three of us.  The permanent parts were hit and miss.  There were a lot of rocks and minerals, that it was hard to get excited about them.  We went through a vault that at the time I didn't know was a different exhibit because it was more rocks, but these were polished like diamonds.  We went around and even downstairs to an exhibit about chemistry, best place to go to the bathroom, common people are scared of chemistry, so it was barren down there.  We missed the prehistoric chamber on the main floor the first time as you have to walk down a quiet hallway that looks like it goes to offices, but eventually you get to a new wing and it is really the best part.  They have what look like a couple of T. rex skeletons, a triceratops, and others in those majestic sizes that make us appear small.  On one platform, they have like three full skeletons and another two nearby, it makes for a very awesome scene if it was millions of years ago.
    I had to buy the boys some souvenir shirts, which was another $50 for two plus the parking fee of $20 made this free museum visit feel not so free.  We ended our last night by going to the room and jumping in the pool one last night.  It actually felt like a cool evening and it was windy too, so we only lasted about 15 minutes.  We went back to the room and ate some leftover pizza and everything else we had been accumulating, such as some pastries we bought at the mall and the ones from the morning.  We should be home by tomorrow afternoon, Wife said she wanted to stop at Katy mall to eat lunch on our way out, I said sure if I can just spend a little time looking at the boats there, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment