Monday, July 9, 2018

7/9/18 In-Laws Back In Texas?

    I am now back at work.  It was a nice week off and I think even though we didn't go anywhere, it was good to be home with my family.  Originally, I took the week off so we could go with my in-laws to Wisconsin.  The plan was to visit one of Wife's uncles who has been sick and just get out of Austin, sight see a place of the United States we never get a chance to.  Enter Boy with his assortment of vague sick symptoms and trip cancelled.
    I couldn't get past the vagueness of Boy being sick but every test coming back negative, not that I wanted him to have tumors, but I wanted a cause for his feeling sick.  I really thank Wife for being as dogged and determined as she is.  I would have let Boy sit there a couple more days hoping his "flu" would pass on its own.  It turns out, Boy had typhus which according to the internet, one gets from fleas, ticks, and/or lice.  To this, I hate to point a finger (not really), but it seems the new GF is the prime candidate to blame.  Not because of her person, but because she has quite a menagerie of animals, with dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and even a tiny pony, who happens to be kind of a jerk, according to her.
    But back to my in-laws, they were very nice about us not being able to go with them, but they understood that our son would be a number 1 priority.  They had a couple of signs that almost made them cancel the trip too.  My father-in-law bought a $500 credit gift card so he wouldn't have to be using his personal bank card and risk the number stolen by some sketchy gas station along the way.  He says he bought it two days before the trip, but somebody in Georgia managed to use it to buy stuff online from Arizona.  He will eventually get his money back but it will require a police report and other crap, meanwhile I am sure the thief who took the card's original number and spent the card on himself will get away with it.  My mother in-law also mentioned that her sister has been very sick, so this was another reason that caused them to also not want to go.
    But they went ahead and traded the giant twelve passenger van for a smaller SUV, and they stopped at our house on the way back.  We heard some of the stories here at the house and then decided to go eat lunch/dinner with them at TGIF which is down the street.
    Lunch was very good, I had a rack of ribs which came off the bone by themselves and even the fries were delicious.  But again, even though none of us had anything wild, other than Javalina ordering some wings as an appetizer, our bill was still over $100.  I had already gotten up at 7:00am like I did all week, eating a hearty meal like this was all I needed.  I gave everyone a hug and told them I was glad they were back and safe and I went straight to my nap.  I feel pretty good after sleeping about two hours, until 7:30pm, but I have to think about going back to bed here at 9:00pm. as I am going back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment