Tuesday, July 31, 2018

7/31/18 1 More Month Of Summer?

    This summer has been kind of quiet.  Best part of it has been getting Javalina on the weights.  He seems to like it and takes instruction pretty well.  I am not forcing him to do it, it comes mostly from him.  As a matter of fact, he is taking little digs at me, because I am quick with the excuses to not work out, but I am not the one trying to get stronger for the football season.  We have commandeered the living room, since Wife is only here on the weekends, it was not hard to do.  We have the bench right under the big screen TV, the punching bag in one corner of the room and then we have the floor for drills, as best we can,  I certainly don't want to go outside in this freaking sun.  I know he won't have a choice in a couple more weeks, but at least we can wish for a freak break in the High pressure system and maybe we get inundated with clouds.
    The only other thing we could label interesting/scary was Boy getting sick from some weird third world disease.  Luckily, it was caught by the doctors here fairly quickly.  It is still going to cost a couple thousand bucks to pay off all the doctor visits and tests they did, but at least Boy is well.  We had a deal at the beginning of summer, kind of like my folks put on me, that during the summer I was to pay for my vehicle, well he was going to do the same thing, but that is the money I will be using to pay his doctor bills, at least we have that.
    Wife had her two weeks off and it was great having her home fro awhile.  She was then able to schedule some conferences here and was in town all of last week, but that is coming to an end.  At least we get to have her here a couple more long weekends (they only work 4 day weeks during the summer).
    As for me, I continue my march on night shift.  I am kind of tired of it, but I worked a couple of weeks on days and it did not seem any better.  Work just kind of sucks, paycuts will do that to your mood.  I like chemistry, but I actually leave work damp from sweating when I have to run back and forth from the acid hoods to the tools.  I know I'm brown but I never signed up to be a day laborer, shit my lab coats need Clorox to stay white, I shouldn't be that busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment