Monday, July 16, 2018

7/16/18 No Disney For Another Year?

    We got partially excited at the thought of maybe going to Florida to the Disney parks come this Christmas Season.  Wife and I talked about it and it sucks not having an official vacation.  I know not everybody gets to vacation every year and we are in the middle of getting our affairs in order, so we should be playing it cool.  That being said, it sucked when we decided it was in Boy's best interest to stay and make sure he was ok when he got sick a couple weeks ago.
    I then got a great idea.  I told Wife, we have a little more than half the money to go to Florida, why don't we plan on going in December?  She loved the idea, and we probably had a little close to $3000 between this and that, but then reality hit us in the face.  My folks and everyone over there are concentrating on my Niece's Quinceanera, and it is going to be a pricey venture for all involved, including us.  I am signed up to pay for mariachis and as much as I hope they are $300, I am sure they are going to be closer to $1000.  Plus we are expected to show up in tuxedoes, so there is going to be another big cost there.
    Not that I was forgetting it, going to the doctor for more than 1visit is going to be expensive also.  We started getting the bills for Boy, and man, even without the E/R visit, we are over $700.  He still has another doctor visit since his liver is still giving a high signal, so it might be another $100-$200. Those two things are pretty much taking most of the money we have saved up, so we could figure out a way to pay for a Florida trip, it just isn't the best time.mg
    I figure in about a year, we will be out of our debt hassles and then we can get back in the swing of things.  Going to Disney is important to me.  I don't necessarily care for the rides, but just being there feels special, like being a part of Team America, smelling the smells in the air, the cheesy music, the families in various states of Happy to be here all the way to Can we just die now?
    Boy found a nice small loophole for us to go, but it would just seem so irresponsible.  He says he qualifies for pell grants this year, along with loans that he could borrow more than he needs to give to us.  I would just hate for his loans to get maxed out before he finishes and adding a few thousand to have fun today and paying for it tomorrow is how we got into so much credit debt.  The best thing is just to wait.  I have a feeling more bills are coming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment