Friday, July 6, 2018

7/5/18 Chilling The Week Away?

    I don't understand why I keep getting up at 7:00am, but it has been going on all week.  I do enjoy the quiet of the morning, and the cloud cover in the mornings, making it seem like it is a perfect fall afternoon, if not for the heat, just looking through the kitchen windows.  I tell myself I am getting up to write before everyone gets up and starts making noise, but I have barely been able to write.  I don't have much new material to bring to light.
    We didn't bother buying fireworks for just us for the 4th of July because people in our community generally suck balls.  It's like they sit by the windows with their phones in hands waiting to call on other people if they do something wrong.  Generally, I do worry about grass fires and stuff, but it rained for about three hours on the 4th of July, I would be surprised if there were any fires reported.  If any, this would have been a perfect 4th to just let the kids have their fun.  A house a couple of doors down was popping big fireworks like I like for about ten minutes, which is as long as it took the cops to show up, I figured.
    Yesterday, we had our first genuine fun thought and I think we are doing it.  Wife and I were talking about how it sucked we didn't go anywhere this year with us cancelling on Wisconsin due to Boy being sick.  By the way, there is still no definite cause for his sickness.  They gave him antibiotics last time he went and that seemed to finally fix him, but they have done so many tests on him, we just know the bill is going to suck.  They have not given us a bill yet, but he has now seen a doctor three times and the E/R once.  There was a cat scan, a spinal tap, the E/R visit, tested for most of the STD's, tested for Typhus, Mono, and more.
    Sorry, lost focus there.  The thought we had, was of going to Disney World in Florida during Christmas.  We have talked about it before, but I always hesitate because I like the idea of being home during the holidays.  Last year was the first time I took two weeks off and I thought it would be hard to get back to the routine at work, but no, it was actually very nice.  I then called my mom and even my dad in the background who both gave the thumbs up, mostly because negative Neal and Contrarian Connie weren't sitting on either side of her like Grima Wormtongue telling her how bad an idea it would be to join us.  I would actually enjoy it more if we were all up there, but I know someone is going to have a problem with it.  First off, they didn't think of it. so it can't be a great idea.  The next step is deciding where we are going to stay.  I thought of Westgate Resort because we have stayed there before.  But I also liked staying in a house together.  I'll be writing more about this, as this is a little interesting and a new idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment