Thursday, July 12, 2018

7/12/18 Ready To Go Back To The Night Life?

    I don't know that I liked the day shift all that much this week.  There were some good perks, like coming home and eating dinner like a family, not just pulling my leftovers from the fridge and microwaving some magic into them.  I have also been doing a light workout with Javalina, being that I am working my way back into the weightlifting, I too feel sore from pretty much every where.
    I don't understand where my time goes though.  When I work nights, I may get out at 7:00am, and have a couple hours until 9:00-10:00am to screw around, though I wasn't lifting before.  I then go to bed at 10:am and get up around 4:00pm, pick up Javalina, and whether we eat out or come home, we have another almost 3 hours, until 7:00pm before I head back to work.  Now that I flipped it, I came home, couldn't wait to fall asleep by 9:00pm and even though I got up at 4:00am, it took me that long to get to work by 6:00pm.  Maybe it's the working out with Javalina that is making it feel like there is no free time, I don't know.
    Work has been good.  I see how others are working and I am trying to gauge myself and slow down some.  I go in at night with a head of steam and want to get every job done, but on days, they focus their attention on what is coming due, not just because it is sitting there taking up space.  I don't know which way is best, but I do like sitting with some coffee now and then to hear and argue the latest whatever.
    I might have also missed out on some automatic OT with people out on TEM/Fib and working days does not help the group.  Being on nights helps the crew get usage of tools sitting idle, so it naturally improves throughput time.
    Some day, I might come to days, but I don't think it will be anytime soon, even if I only have the dinky 5%shift differential.  That is not the reason I stay on nights.  Anyways, the morning is getting away from me, I already snoozed for about 15 minutes trying to add more, so I will just stop.  Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment