Friday, July 6, 2018

7/6/18 Boy Had Typhus?

    We finally know what Boy had wrong the past couple of weeks.  It seems like he picked up typhus somewhere in his daily pursuits.  I guess this time it is good that the boy who rarely cries wolf, but Damn, can he be whiny when things aren't right!!! cried for the E/R right away.  I have no love for the high costs of seeing any professionals specially the type that can keep you alive, you know they are going to cost a pretty penny, but in this one instance, Yeaih!, bring on the bills, Mijo is OK.
    We are not sure where it came from, we have been jokingly blaming the new GF, she tried being courageous and saying "she's been around forever", to which I just bowled her over with "yeah, but the fluid exchange just started a few weeks ago, I am sure."  I believe blushing she said something like "uh, I just walked in the house and this is what we are talking about?"  Eh, we keep it real in this house, but we aren't blaming you directly, just the fact that you have cats and dogs and horses and we don't.  I mean my mom has Chloe, her dachshund, but she gets monthly treatments for fleas and ticks and nobody better blame Hans, Hans has no time for fleas or ticks, he just says "no thanks" when the flea circus shows up and the fleas respect that.
    I still think there is a possibility of a coworker from China or Europe, their office has had a lot of international traffic, so I would think it is not impossible that this is another route for other vectors to attack Boy.
    As it stands, his doctor was pretty proud of himself and we are happy too, he finally left the house today, to go to the movies with his friends.  He has a call from the CDC to expect, and as I was reading up on typhus a while ago, it seems he might be the third infected person west of the Mississippi.  He would be about the 48th person to be documented as having it ever in the US.  The doctor was saying there has been a small outbreak of typhus in the area but it is not being made a big deal of because of the Idiots (Doc didn't say Idiots) who treat their pets like family.
    Anyways, I am just glad we can put a button on this one and call it done.  I am sure it will be a few thousand bucks to pay, but hey, what is an installment plan for?  I do want to say thanks to Wife who held up doing the MRI scan as we saw that on the payment guide thing of her insurance and that alone would have been another $800 to rule out tumors, which the cat scan had already ruled them out.  Poor Mijo, with his lame description of the pain which I guess was everywhere, he did get an unnecessary spinal tap looking for meningitis.  I believe that test continued giving him pain as his back was tender for a few days and what Wife read was that 40% of patients leak specially the skinny ones, look at the child compared to us, he is a toothpick.  But fine, no harm, no foul.  I just wanted my Boy back to normal and I believe he is getting there.  Thanks everyone that contributed to his wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment