Sunday, July 29, 2018

7/29/18 How Hard Is It Best Buy?

    I don't know if it is a sign to slow down or if it is high time to bitch and maybe just start shopping for everything through Amazon.  Javalina is having a problem with his TV, when you turn it on, sometimes it will not light up, but you can see that it is on very faintly, if the room is dark enough.  There may be a way to fix it, but in this age of disposable goods, I thought it much easier to just replace it with a newer and bigger and maybe even fancier TV.
    Last year Boy upgraded to a 60in 4K HDTV which we luckily found as a return on the floor for under $400.  I told Javalina, if you are lucky, we can maybe get a similar thing.  We found a TV which was 65in and 4K and HDTV.  I am sure Boy's has better chips and things inside it, but a bigger picture is a bigger picture.  The bigger TV is $569-$599, depending when and where we get it.  Javalina though kept most of his money last time we went to Disney and so when we came back, his wallet had $500.  Because of this, I told him, well, give us $200 to pay upfront and then it's like we're just buying a $400 unit.  After all this, they didn't have any in stock.  We looked around and found a comparable unit for $579.  Again, they didn't have it in stock and couldn't look into ordering it for 3 weeks.  Wife tried at home to get either of the units at home online and it was the same shit.  She was unable to find either of the units to order.
    Other than Best Buy we enjoyed the afternoon by taking a ride towards the lake and around 620.  We ended up at Lakeline Mall, which to me looks like it has seen better days, there were a few too many stores closed, Sears is in the process of closing and a few too many stores selling used junk/memorabilia.  After we left, we were headed to Carraba's for some stinky Italian cheese, but we saw a buffet restaurant, Dimassi's Mediterranean Restaurant.  Since it was cheaper (we checked on the phone) and looked like something different, we decided to give it a try.
    The food was really really good, even the Sprite tasted better than ever.  I think it's because we hadn't really eaten all day.  As good as the food was, it only took one plate to realize I was gonna have to use the facilities.  I started breaking it down and the way I was already gurgling and I was going to get a second plate, judging we were about 20 miles from the house, I was not going to make it to my personal throne, so a road pooping it was.  I came out wanting more food, I hadn't had dessert, but everyone knew I destroyed that bathroom, how would it look for me to nonchalantly continue eating?  I cut my losses at 2 plated, but realized I could have had more, the meats were especially good.
    The night ended with a pit stop at HEB for breakfast material, and then we saw the first three episodes of Orange Is The New Black.  It was a pretty good day for Casa Gallegos.

No comments:

Post a Comment